Turkey thigh roulade

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cooker613

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Nov 12, 2017
Arizona
Well after going around and around finally decieded on four hours @ 145 degrees for a turkey thigh roulade. It is seasoned with a spice paste the wife brought back for me from Israel. It’s made of chilie oil, hot paprika, chilies, and sumac and I added some cumin.

Rolled and ready for Sous Vide
C6645702-435C-46C9-A3EE-25AFF307B9F7.jpeg

Out of the bath
CD6E06EE-4F89-4427-A55E-F85C1D5D6E3E.jpeg

Hard to see, but pan seared
F7EFAD9D-0F3A-48F8-B798-E996128DA34F.jpeg

Sliced and plated
DAF4EF80-F693-4C5D-91A9-9BAC254986B2.jpeg

The roulade was juicy and very flavorful. The skin was ok. I think a torch would have probably yielded a crispier skin, but all in all a keeper.

Looks really good. Question. With all of the spices. Could you taste the flavor of the Sumac? Did it have a tartness to it? I've used it before in some of my dishes. Like/Point.

Looks really good cooker, nicely done

Point for sure
Chris

Looks really good. Question. With all of the spices. Could you taste the flavor of the Sumac? Did it have a tartness to it? I've used it before in some of my dishes. Like/Point.

It really has a pretty good balance of flavors. The sumac just provided a nice background brightness. Actually the chilie flavor was more in the forefront. I thought it could have been much hotter, but that’s just me. I think that it could almost always be hotter.

The wife made potato kugel, sweet potato pie, and asparagus. Also a variety of salads including grilled eggplant salad, hummas, and chopped Israeli salad (finely diced tomatoes and cucumber with red onion dressed with EVO and pine nuts). Babka for dessert.

Reactions: HalfSmoked
The wife made potato kugel, sweet potato pie, and asparagus. Also a variety of salads including grilled eggplant salad, hummas, and chopped Israeli salad (finely diced tomatoes and cucumber with red onion dressed with EVO and pine nuts). Babka for dessert.

Great sides for sure made the meal even more awesome.

Warren

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky