turkey temps??

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

lennyluminum

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jul 19, 2008
ST. Petersburg, FL
what is the highest temp I can cook my turkey at? I want the skin to stay crisp and still get a good smoke flavor. the only other thing that will be in the smoker is some wings.

I always smoke my turkey's at 300 - 325 F and get awesome crispy skin and all the smoke I want. Never use a water pan for them either. Here's a pic of one I made last month or so using cherry wood, and smoked at 325F-

Hope your smoke turns out well, and don't forget to take pics!

I do turnkeys in that same 300° - 325° range to. Fair mount a bird ta get goin an they er always great. Love smoked turkey.

If ya find yall got some left, make up some turkey salad sammies, man them er good!

Chop some leftover smoked turkey, add in some miracle whip till nice an creamy, a bit a ground pepper an some celery stalk ifin ya like that, maybe just a bit a chopped onion.

Some good bread an a fine sammie fer sure!

Thanks for the help guys. I did the 300-325 and it turnd out really good. Sorry no pics to share. I was about 1/2 way into the smoke when my prob thermomiter went out on me
PDT_Armataz_01_19.gif
So I had to run up to the target and buy a new one. Dose anyone know if a bad prob would make it read off temp? I got a new one but its not the same so I could not test my theroy.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky