Turkey Snack Sticks

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

timstalltaletav

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Nov 8, 2012
Llewellyn PA aka God's Country
I searched for ideas/recipes for using turkey to make snack sticks but didn't find too much info that jives with what I'm planning.

Tomorrow I'm thinking of making about 3# of sticks using 2# of 93/7 turkey and 1# of ground pork.

Anyone make something like this before? Not sure of the flavoring yet. I'll see what I feel like tomorrow morning. I'm planning to stuff them in morning in collagen casings and then maybe throwing them on the smoker late tomorrow night for an overnight smoke. Or maybe throw them in Sunday morning.

The plan was somewhat modified. Instead of 2# of turkey I only used just over a pound because the other pack was still frozen...

So...

A pound+ of 93/7 ground turkey
A little less than a pound of ground pork

2.1#'s total weight

2.5T - HighMountain sweet-n-spicy flavor pack (these always seem underwhelming so I use a lot more than what the instructions call for).
2.4 grams - cure #1

Mixed everything thoroughly and stuffed into collagen casings. In the fridge for about 10 hours and then on to the smoker overnight.

No Q-view of these steps. I'll snap some before and after pics later tonight/tomorrow.

I was thinking just turkey but I thought they be real dry with the 93/7 mix. I'll see how they turn out. If they suck I'm only out a few bucks for the meat. I fried up what was left in the stuffer and it tasted pretty good.

We'll know by tomorrow what the verdict will be lol!

IMG_20190106_001433405.jpg

Well the verdict is in and these are not one of my better productions. They have almost no flavor. They pretty much taste like hot dogs. I think I'll scrap this recipe...

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky