Turkey Pastrami

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tropics

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 25, 2014
Attleboro,Ma
Turkey was on sale $0.99# so we grabbed 3, I let one defrost for a day in the fridge so I could take the breast off.Using Pops low salt brine without any sugar added pickling spice.
100_0220.JPG
It stayed for 9 days I rinsed an soaked for 2 hrs
100_0339.JPG
Out of the bath I tied it up
100_0341.JPG
Gave it a coat of spicy brown mustard
and my rub
100_0343.JPG
Used the PittBoss with apple pellets 9/24/19
took 7 hours to hit 165°F let cool in fridge
Sliced for lunch today
100_0371.JPG
Rye Bread home made bread & butter pickles
100_0374.JPG
Thanks for watching
Richie

You're making a long list for me . Just cut up the pork for the white polish .
I've been wanting to do turkey pastrami. How was the taste ? Sure looks good . I need to catch up lol .

That looks really tasty Richie, Color is nice, but taste is more important.

Point for sure
Chris

You're making a long list for me . Just cut up the pork for the white polish .
I've been wanting to do turkey pastrami. How was the taste ? Sure looks good . I need to catch up lol .

It taste a lot like pastrami I guess texture makes it seem different,that plus the color doesn't look the same. Thanks for the Like I appreciate it
Richie

Looks good Richie I did some wild goose breast and they were great.

Warren

Warren I bet they had great color I've only cooked one goose that was given to me.Thanks for the Like I appreciate it
Richie

That looks really tasty Richie, Color is nice, but taste is more important.

Point for sure
Chris

Chris thank you I was a little disappointed with the color,taste good missing the fat makes it different.Thanks for the Point I appreciate it
Richie

Looks great. I need to try this. Why no sugar?

Adam When I made my first Pastrami from a brisket I did it that way,I think I remembered seeing some else do it,so I gave it a try it was good.This being my first time making a Turkey Pastrami from scratch I went that way.

Richie

Last edited:
Looks good Richie, I added this one to the bucket list.

Like!
Joe Thanks just picked up 3 pork butts 99 cents a lb. Hope your bucket list isn't as long as mine. Thanks for the Like I appreciate it
Richie

My bucket list is ever expanding and never ending.

Are you grinding those butts up?
Joe Yes I am going to make some Italian Sausage,and Going to make some Smoked Kielbasi I didn't make that to often when I lived in Jersey.The stuff they sell here I don't like.
Richie

Looks awesome and great idea!! Another thing to add to the growing list of things to cure and smoke.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky