Turkey fattie?

Discussion in 'Fatties' started by jerseyhunter, Aug 15, 2008.

1. Has anyone ever used ground turkey for fatties? I got a good deal on purdue sweet It. sausage chubs and also Breakfast sausage. I figure it was cheap enough I had to buy it, at least for practice. Also I'm having a hard time finding jalapenos, maybe because of the scandels over disease.

2. wutang

wutang Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

I have done one with ground turkey, it was a little soft-kinda fell apart. Nest time I would mix it with a littl ground pork to hold it together. It stll tasted good though

3. richtee

richtee Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Ron50 is the turkey pro near as I can tell..and I believe he uses it alot. A tip: Knox unflavored gelatin in powered form can be used as a binder, use about a tablespoon, and mix in thoroughly. Egg can also be used. The pork suggestion is the most flavorful way to go however.

4. Then added pork it is. Thanks to all who responded. But I wouldnt mind hearing from Ron also.

5. papa chubby

papa chubby Fire Starter

I tried turkey last weekend. Stuffed it with Frank's wing sauce, cream cheese and onion and then soaked it in Franks to try to make a buffalo fatty. Was soft enough to where I laid it on a piece of foil in case she blew. Came out a little dry and not as good as hoped but it was decent.

6. white cloud

white cloud Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Yeah Ron50 is the one to talk with, He is on an alaskan cruise for awhile. Mods must get paid well LOL.