Turkey...brine or inject

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokaholic

Fire Starter
Original poster
Nov 18, 2009
Got short notice that I need to have a turkey for tomorrow. Not enough time to brine and cook and then have it ready. So would just injecting it with something homemade or store bought and let it sit for a couple hours ( I can do 4hrs without running out of time). Then smoke/cook to temp.

I have always injected my turkeys with great success.I do want to at least try brining some to see the difference.but i cannot find anything that is food safe to store it in!!!! I always use the cajun injector brand and usually the creole butter.the are all good,just don't do the spicy ones if you have any picky eaters(kids).hope this helps

I was totally going to use the creole butter, hear a lot of good things about it. How is it on the spicy scale though. Got some older folk who think ketchup is spicy.

Never found the need to brine.

You've probably already bought a brined bird, more than likely. I just inject with different marinades. Mojo Crillio is a good one too.

I usually use the creole butter but this year it's a new one. Jalapeno butter

injection. did 2 chickens w/ it yesterday and it is good

After a long discussion on how things cook and going over schedules gonna start tomorrow. The person I'm cooking for hadn't even bought a turkey yet. I love cooking but sometimes the hoops we jump through are crazy lol. So yeah I'm doing the creole butter don't care what they say. Sometimes you just have to pull the trigger. If I remember I will post updates and qview.

How was jalapeno,was it spicy at all.I love spicy but the wife doesnt

It had the jalapeno flavor but wasn't spicy at all .

But remember , i'm from south Louisiana.

icon_cool.gif

You can always brine a turkey for just a few hours if you want. I would suggest the injecting it thou. I have always injected the birds that I was going to fry. But I have never injected a bird that I was going to smoke.

Due to your time constraints your only option is to inject and let it smoke! But when you have time, Tips Slaughterhouse Brine is the way to go! Please remember us and post the Qview!

Hi,

I am doing two turkeys tomorrow for a church group.  One will be brine and the other will be injected.  Group size will be around thirty people. I hope to have everyone try both and then vote on thier favorite.  In the past,  I have done the brine, and the house expert my wife loved it.  Deep fat fring the birds.

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky