Turkey breast today

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

heatman

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
Sheridan In.
This has become one of my favorites. I think because of how much better they are on the smoker. Started with a 10 lb bone in turkey breast. Soaked in the Smokehouse poultry brine. Coated with canola oil and then some of Jeff's rub. Smoking on the WSM with RO lump charcoal and apple wood chunks. About 4 hrs. in with around an hour left.

drool.gif
Looks GREAT!

I think the bone in breast have a better flavor. I can't wait for them to go on sale for the season. I'm going to load up.

Happy smoken.

David

Looks great. I am going to try one this weekend.I want to try to smoke one before Thanksgiving. Did you wrap the turkey breast in foil when you took it off the smoker?

Did a 7lb bone in yesterday and took it to a friend's thanksgiving party where it was a big hit. I'll be using Tip's slaughterhouse brine again for sure, the breast came out so moist and flavourful. 

Brined for 10 hours using tips slaughterhouse brine with a couple of things added (whole all spice, juniper berries, bay leaves etc). 

Rinsed and left uncovered in the fridge overnight to form the pellicle. 

Injected with apple cider/butter/spices.

Smoked at 300F to 160F internal.

Foiled after the smoke, wrapped in towels and left to rest for an hour and then sliced. 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky