• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Turkey Breast Tenderloin.... Never smoked it B4 /Q-vue

millerbuilds

Smoking Fanatic
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined May 13, 2013
Today, Started as a day to smoke a Brisket, got up early and started the pit.  Put the Brisket on an hour later.... then my wife hands me a Turkey Breast Tenderloin and asks me to smoke it for use on salads.  I of agree....even though I am a bit worried.  It is skinless, I have smoked Turkey Breasts many times, but they always have the skin on.

So... Here we go!

This is what I found when I opened the vacuum wrapped package.

Decided I needed to make a skin for them, I coated them with Mayo....

Dusted them with a rub made of:

- salt

- sage

- thyme

- rosemary

- garlic

- onion

- sugar

- paprika

- black pepper

Tossed them back in the fridge, I plan to bump the smoker up to 250 after I pull the Brisket and cook these until they hit 165 IT.  I am undecided what wood to use.  Thinking sugar maple and apple.

Thanks for looking.

Smoke ON!

- Jason

noboundaries

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Sep 7, 2013
Jason, they look GREAT!  Sugar maple and apple would definitely complement the turkey breast.  Looking forward to the smoked finale! 

millerbuilds

Smoking Fanatic
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined May 13, 2013

Jason, they look GREAT!  Sugar maple and apple would definitely complement the turkey breast.  Looking forward to the smoked finale! 
​Thanks much and thanks for confirming my choice in wood.  They are going to go on in a couple minutes, just pulled the brisket 20 minutes ago.

Smoke ON!

- Jason

millerbuilds

Smoking Fanatic
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined May 13, 2013
Well I have to say, these turned out much better than I ever expected.  Super moist, great flavor, and tender.

I did not expect them to have the tenderness and moisture level they did, since I did not brine them or inject them.

Too bad they are going to be used for salads, guess I might need to pick up a few and smoke them again.

Thanks for looking.

Smoke ON!

- Jason

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
They look delicious Jason!

Great job!

Point!

Al

noboundaries

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Sep 7, 2013
I agree with Al.  Those look absolutely delicious and oh so points worthy! 

uncle eddie

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined May 14, 2016
Smoked turkey is one of my fave's.  I have never done breasts (only) before but I do believe it may be worth a try.

Points!

sauced

Master of the Pit
Joined Aug 9, 2015
Looks delicious!! Smoked turkey is a winner, better than chicken (in my opinion)

millerbuilds

Smoking Fanatic
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined May 13, 2013

They look delicious Jason!

Great job!

Point!

Al
​Thanks Al!

They were great, I never thought to do skinless breasts, always thought they would dry out too quickly.  Proven wrong.  I think I am going to do a bunch and freeze them for lunch during the week.

- Jason

millerbuilds

Smoking Fanatic
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined May 13, 2013

Smoked turkey is one of my fave's.  I have never done breasts (only) before but I do believe it may be worth a try.

Points!
​Uncle Eddie,

I think they just became my favorite.  I have done many whole turkeys and whole breasts, never tried the skinless, assumed they would be too dry without the skin to protect them and keep them moist.

Thanks,

- Jason

b-one

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Aug 31, 2014
They do look great! Did you post the brisket?:drool

millerbuilds

Smoking Fanatic
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined May 13, 2013
They do look great! Did you post the brisket?
Thanks!

sorry.....I did not since I make Brisket so often, I only posted the Turkey Tenderloins as it was something new.  I will post pics next time I make Brisket. 

Smoke ON!

- Jason

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.