Turkey Breast on my New Rotisserie

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mneeley490

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jun 23, 2011
Everett, WA
Amazing that I've gone so long without one of these. I remember everyone having one in the 60's-70's for their backyard bbq's.
But I purchased this one from Amazon to fit my Weber kettle.
Amazon Onlyfire Rotisserie-Improved!
I guess the earlier versions of this ring didn't fit right and leaked a lot of heat and smoke. This one fits like a glove. Motor is super quiet, and it had no problem turning an 8 lb. turkey breast. Also has a 4-prong spike, unlike the Weber 2-prong that goes for almost twice as much.
Brined overnight, then injected and rubbed with butter and poultry seasoning.

20220227_120715.jpg
20220227_123340.jpg

60 minutes in at 325°. Used a chunk of sugar maple for smoke.
20220227_141702.jpg

1 hour & 40 minutes is all it took to hit 165° IT. Couldn't find my Tappacue to try it out. I'm sure my wife moved it somewhere I wouldn't normally look. I'll have to search for later.
20220227_141708.jpg

20220227_143814.jpg

20220227_143816.jpg

Got it in the oven now on warm, waiting for dinner time.
So, this first try on the Onlyfire Rotisserie has been a complete success. Love this thing! Can't wait to spin something else next week!

That looks beautiful! Think I'll steal the skin and run! I would be excited to spin something more also.

Ryan

Reactions: jcam222
Well.... Now that you've mastered birds on the rotisserie, you should box it up and send it to me. :emoji_laughing:
Beautiful bird, great job!

Looks great! Like Ryan I’d like to wolf down all that skin first! I really need to add rotisserie to my Arsenal. Once I get a table for my Kamado I think I’ll get a set up for it.

Beautiful bird, nicely done!! I’ll gladly pick through the carcass after the others have run off with the skin.

Very nice . Good to hear that brand is fitting better . I had been holding off .
I'll have to revisit it .

Dayum son that looks good!

I need to get a joe-tesserie for my BGE now!

Much love and points!

Happy Smoking,
phatbac (Aaron)

Couldn't find my Tappacue to try it out. I'm sure my wife moved it somewhere I wouldn't normally look.
My wife is always moving things, but around my house that's called "putting it UP". Problem with "UP" is its a different place everyday and there is no map to these super secret spots...:emoji_wink:

That turkey looks great, by the way...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky