Truffle Bacon Beef Loin, Christmas Eve!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Man that's 2 fine looking meals right
there ! I'm sure it was enjoyed by all.
I'll have to try the skillet for my wife's degree of doneness also !
Congrats on the ride and Merry Christmas !
Thank you! I’m very honored, the CI helps keep my wife happy!

May I suggest cooking the bacon in the microwave until it's about half done before you do the wrap this usually allows it to finish cooking while in the smoker and makes it more edible
I have to do one on Tuesday, I’ll definitely try it then! Thank you!

You got the Christmas gift of a carousel ride , very nice.

The process of the first meal fantastic, but I also have to be a little more done. But that is just us. But that is how I cooked it for many people.

Now your second meal....That cheese steak. I would really be asking for seconds . And that should also make the ride.

Very nice
Hope you had a great Christmas
David
Thank you David, I’m very flattered by the ride. I feel a bit strange saying I’d take the cheese steak sandwich over the pure cut!
Merry Christmas!

Reactions: DRKsmoking
The beef loin that keeps on giving. I used the trimmed beef and a pound of sausage to make a pretty amazing Texas chili to share with the neighbors today. Smoked the beef loin trim with hickory, sweated the onion and garlic, mixed in chili powder, oregano, cumin, S&P. Then peeled tomatoes crushed in pot, and chopped Chipotles in adobo. Beef bone broth and an IPA to simmer and reduce.

0902B615-99F7-4E87-B533-4192FB471F39.jpeg
DBB424EA-B11E-4616-A44A-DCC5C735F954.jpeg

E5234043-0039-4862-95DB-E65936AC1724.jpeg

AAD95681-73A9-42BE-9835-E964770060CF.jpeg
F3DA4B8A-776D-459A-B916-8A68F49AE7BF.jpeg

Leftover cheese steak snack while it was simmering:
0B1A75FB-B65D-4E9D-BA83-5AA0B874F9F9.jpeg
D67F5A07-366F-432E-B167-6902CA4455E9.jpeg

5 hours of simmering, it was perfect for casual get together, camp fire and a few beers.
4E5F2D57-E154-4C65-B9AC-3E6F559747EE.jpeg
5A54F54F-8A01-4BE2-BEDA-3F913096711F.jpeg

That looks delicious as well! Getting some really great meals out of that!

Ryan

Reactions: bauchjw
Great looking chow!! Question... where'd ya get the truffle sauce? Been looking online with no good results for what's in your pic

Greetings….needed a break from chaos of sugar tantrums and Santa questions. Good times! Lots of cooking to catch up on, tonight:
Beef Tenderloin, bacon weave, truffle sauce lather .
Beef Loin Trimmed, saved some for chili later:
View attachment 519951

Bacon weave….I need to practice this a bit:
View attachment 519953
Truffle Sauce on the bacon, then did an ok wrap:
View attachment 519954View attachment 519955View attachment 519956
I set the Pellet pooper at 250 with apple and AMNPS with hickory.
View attachment 519957View attachment 519958
Pulled at IT of 130, rested while we air fried some Brussels sprouts then drizzled with bacon grease and finished baked potatoes. We planned on twice baked, but ran out of time.
View attachment 519959View attachment 519960
View attachment 519961
View attachment 519963
Mrs Clause and I enjoyed the truffle sauce “wet rub”, bacon, beef loin mouth party with a glass of wine from a bottle that had a really cool picture on the label. Kids devoured the meat too, which is always a bonus at this age. Truffles seem to be very popular now and I can taste why. At the current price of beef, when I do splurge for a cut of amazing red meat, the extra 10 bucks for the truffle sauce is worth it.
Merry Christmas Everyone….time to start stacking the tree….
View attachment 519964View attachment 519962
I've eaten truffle once in my life; so long ago I can't even recall the taste but what I do remember was being amazed at the explosion of flavor in it! This must have tasted amazing!

Great looking chow!! Question... where'd ya get the truffle sauce? Been looking online with no good results for what's in your pic
Thank you! I bought it at The cheese shop in Williamsburg Virginia.
I don’t know if they do online though? I can check around though.

I've eaten truffle once in my life; so long ago I can't even recall the taste but what I do remember was being amazed at the explosion of flavor in it! This must have tasted amazing!
Haha, yes, honestly, this is my second time eating truffle. Unless you count the truffle oil some breweries put on their French fries! Thank you, it was pretty awesome!

Reactions: alfredo.daniel67
Thank you! I bought it at The cheese shop in Williamsburg Virginia.
I don’t know if they do online though? I can check around though.
Doesn't look like they do anything online, but I don't live that far, and I'll surely be passing thru Williamsburg sometime in the next few weeks.

Doesn't look like they do anything online, but I don't live that far, and I'll surely be passing thru Williamsburg sometime in the next few weeks.
It’s a cool shop. They are a bit pricey, but the quality is there and it’s not mass produced.
Trader Joe’s also sells truffle oil, but I think the sauce is better. Good luck!

That's one fantastic piece of work all the way around, I'd stand in line an hour for that sanny! RAY
Thank you Ray! You’re welcome anytime!

Thank you Foam! You and the others here have been a huge help! Haha, yes I Always need a little sand for it to taste right!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky