1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Tried to start my flower pot smoker without a chimney, how long till it hits temperature?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by cjp87, Sep 6, 2010.

1. cjp87

cjp87 Newbie

I know, a little short sighted of me, I should've gotten a chimney. Well, I put some newspaper in the middle of the coal basket and lit it, which did get the lump charcoal started. It's been going for about a half hour and is up to about 130*F. I'm going to try and make some Baby Back Ribs tonight, which is already on pace for a really late dinner, and I was just wondering how much longer I was going to have to wait, or if this was even going to work without having the charcoal fired fully before putting the lid on. 

BTW, I will have pictures of the build and ribs later, after I get them processed into JPGs and finish everything up tonight. Thanks in advance!

Details about the smoker throughout this thread

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/forum/thread/98016/new-to-bbq-smoking-in-norman-ok

Last edited: Sep 6, 2010
  2. eman

eman Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member

you dont have to convert them just down load to your puter and upload to the site