Tried to start my flower pot smoker without a chimney, how long till it hits temperature?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cjp87

Original poster
Aug 24, 2010
I know, a little short sighted of me, I should've gotten a chimney. Well, I put some newspaper in the middle of the coal basket and lit it, which did get the lump charcoal started. It's been going for about a half hour and is up to about 130*F. I'm going to try and make some Baby Back Ribs tonight, which is already on pace for a really late dinner, and I was just wondering how much longer I was going to have to wait, or if this was even going to work without having the charcoal fired fully before putting the lid on. 

BTW, I will have pictures of the build and ribs later, after I get them processed into JPGs and finish everything up tonight. Thanks in advance!

Details about the smoker throughout this thread

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/forum/thread/98016/new-to-bbq-smoking-in-norman-ok

Last edited:
you dont have to convert them just down load to your puter and upload to the site

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky