Tried Smoking a Whole Chicken on my BGE

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

grange

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jul 31, 2011
I decided the second thing I wanted to make on my BGE was smoked chicken.  Saturday afternoon I put the chicken in a brine made of water, salt, sugar, soy sauce, olive oil, tarragon, thyme, rosemary, and black pepper.
e941255a_IMG_1506-1.jpg

This morning I pulled the chicken out of the brine and used a store bought rub on the chicken.  I wrapped it and put it in the refrigerator for several hours before I unwrapped it and inserted the remote thermometer.
87847049_IMG_1513.jpg

I smoked the chicken at about 275 to 285 using cherry wood until the internal breast temperature reached 170 before I pulled it off the BGE.
2b049182_IMG_1516.jpg

81869209_IMG_1518.jpg

I served the chicken with cottage cheese and frozen corn.
8639885b_IMG_1520.jpg

The rub was a little salty for me, but the chicken was nice and moist with a good level of smoke.

Good job! The store bought rubs will usually contain a lot more salt that anything homemade. There are plenty of great recipes floating around for you to try next time!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky