Tribute To My Pap - Dry Cured Ham, Sausage, CB, BBB, Dried Beef

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
110.gif

It all looks great.

Need more info on the ham process.

Dang Jeremy. .. where you get all this time... so jealous. .. of everything. ... I waiting around for the ham to....
In the mean time Everything is looking fabulous. .. sorry I missed the beginning. ..

Your ham looks very good.  Will be anxious to see and compare our procedures. It's been a long wait watching four of them.   Did you use your Grandfathers recipe?

Tom
Thanks Tom 
smile.gif
   I will do a write up on the process as soon as I get the chance. I did make it as closely as I could to the way he used to make them 
biggrin.gif

I am so impressed by the time and love you are putting into making sure Pap is a happy man now that he is home.

I'm sure he will love and appreciate all that you are doing! Nice job!

I knew you had to be from PA, OH or thereabouts when I saw "For my Pap". That's what we called our grandpa too and I grew up in OH.
Thanks Alesia 
smile.gif
   I'm gonna do whatever I can for him & make anything he wants & hope & pray he gets better 
51.gif

He does & thanked me again today before I left to come back home.

That's all I've ever called him but I didn't know it was sort of a local thing...

Everything is looking Great Jeremy!!!
About how big were those 2 pieces of BBB?
My tumbler should be here Thursday and I will mainly use it on my quest for no/low salt jerky to speed up the process and hopefully get flavors to infuse it the meat without the use of salt. Not sure if there's any BBB in my future was just wonder how big so I get an idea of what will fit.
That ham looks Awesome but I want to see the inside of it!
Thanks Dave 
smile.gif
   Each piece weighs about 4 lbs. & the one piece that was slightly larger is about 9 x 11" when stretched out completely - that's larger than the canister but it easily fit with no trouble at all.

Thanks again & ok here are a couple slices.

Dang Jeremy. .. where you get all this time... so jealous. .. of everything. ... I waiting around for the ham to....
In the mean time Everything is looking fabulous. .. sorry I missed the beginning. ..
Thanks Mikey 
smile.gif
   I'll make whatever time I need to for my pap  
icon14.gif
  & I'll do the ham write up as soon as I get a chance.

I will finish updating this tomorrow. It's been a long day & I keep nodding off - guess I need to get some sleep... My pap always liked the Hickory Farms Beef Stick summer sausage so I'm gonna try to come up with something that tastes close & make some of that for him too...

Thanks for checking out my thread 
beercheer.gif

Hard to see but ended up with a really nice pellicle.

Great pellicle on this half too.

And into the smoker for a nice long cold smoke. AMNPS running hickory pellets.

While that was going on I cut up some mozz cheese for another project.

It went in for a while to keep the BBB company.

Took the mozz out after 2 1/2 hours.

I then got 2 score of olives ready.

And put them in for a while. BBB taking on some good color 
thumb1%20copy.gif

Be back directly with more...

Reactions: deansomers
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky