Tri-tip

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

TNJAKE

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Nov 26, 2019
Ridgetop TN🇺🇸
Just put a tri-tip on the smoker. Marinated with soy sauce, Worcestershire, orange juice,honey, garlic,red pepper flakes. Sprinkle of kosher salt and coarse black pepper. Will finish it off with a reverse sear using a little garlic butter.

Attachments

• 20191202_173707.jpg
    20191202_173707.jpg
    214.5 KB · Views: 34
  • 20191202_173643.jpg
    20191202_173643.jpg
    226.8 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:
Just put a tri-tip on the smoker. Marinated with soy sauce, Worcestershire, orange juice, garlic,red pepper flakes. Sprinkle of kosher salt and coarse black pepper. Will finish it off with a reverse sear using a little garlic butter.

Reactions: JC in GB
Looks fantastic!! Hopefully one of these days I find a tri tip near me that’s not pre seasoned.

I love them, have a neighbor bringing them pack from CA for me but now I see Restaurant depot carries them. My favorite way to do it is smoke till 125 internal temp. I then Vacuum pack them, freeze them until I fire up the sous vide. SV till 134 deg and reverse sear...mmmmmm.

I love them, have a neighbor bringing them pack from CA for me but now I see Restaurant depot carries them. My favorite way to do it is smoke till 125 internal temp. I then Vacuum pack them, freeze them until I fire up the sous vide. SV till 134 deg and reverse sear...mmmmmm.
I smoked until IT reached 130 then reverse sear.

Reactions: clifish
I would do same if I was going to eat it right away. I smoke a few and use the SV to eat them at a later date.

That looks absolutely perfect!! Very nice!

Sorry I missed dinner, this time zone stuff is confusing :emoji_laughing:

Like!

Costco has them, plain or pre-rubbed. I've had both, and while I prefer to put my own seasonings on them, the pre-rubbed was pretty darn good, too.

Reactions: negolien
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky