Tri-tip was success, now for a small Picanha

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

englishsmoker

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jul 5, 2021
Trying this similarly to the tri-tip. 225 to an IT of 110, now I’m cranking it to 500 to reverse sear (as well as I can ‘sear’)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    193.1 KB · Views: 36
That's just the amount of doneness that I like. Wife would like it a little more rare though.
Did you slice with the grain? May want to try slicing in perpendicular direction next time.

I agree with the above^^^^^^, slice it against the grain for a more tender piece of meat. But it sure looks good!
Al

That's just the amount of doneness that I like. Wife would like it a little more rare though.
Did you slice with the grain? May want to try slicing in perpendicular direction next time.
Um....good question, I had trouble determining the grain direction after cooking, but the idea was to go across the grain ;)

I used that diagram for the tri-tip, I think I got that right. The Picanha I’m not so sure about..

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky