Tri-tip was success, now for a small Picanha

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

englishsmoker

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jul 5, 2021
Trying this similarly to the tri-tip. 225 to an IT of 110, now I’m cranking it to 500 to reverse sear (as well as I can ‘sear’)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    193.1 KB · Views: 36
That's just the amount of doneness that I like. Wife would like it a little more rare though.
Did you slice with the grain? May want to try slicing in perpendicular direction next time.

I agree with the above^^^^^^, slice it against the grain for a more tender piece of meat. But it sure looks good!
Al

That's just the amount of doneness that I like. Wife would like it a little more rare though.
Did you slice with the grain? May want to try slicing in perpendicular direction next time.
Um....good question, I had trouble determining the grain direction after cooking, but the idea was to go across the grain ;)

I used that diagram for the tri-tip, I think I got that right. The Picanha I’m not so sure about..

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky