Tri-tip success!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

normanaj

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Feb 2, 2014
Rhode Island
I recently rediscovered a local meat market and got me a nice 3lb tri-tip.

Spog and overnighted in the fridge. Into the MES with a 1/4 tube of char/hickory dust. Smoked at 250 to an IT of 125 and short rest and then some wholesome deliciousness! The only side was some steamed asparagus.

Edit: for some reason the plate shot won't upload.
20230122_171056.jpg
20230122_171052.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Tri tip is a fantastic roast and yours looks cooked to absolute perfection. I'd be all over that in a heartbeat. Beautiful cook!!

Robert

Reactions: normanaj
Appreciate the kind words from everyone!

The crazy thing is that meat market moved from location to another a few years back and for whatever reason I just never went again until this weekend.

I thought I had tri-tip before but this was the real deal.It was so tender and juicy,I actually am going to say this was the best beef I've ever had out of the smoker.This will become a regular thing in our household.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky