Tri-Tip: Best one yet!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
9d4a62f7-3815-41c1-9139-909de8609019_text.gif

Dang man that looks phenomenal. Love the plate with the shrooms. I am in the hard to get tri tip camp so jealous for sure. LIKE!

Reactions: browneyesvictim
Looks fantastic . Nice work .
I've only seen them twice around here . First time was $18.00 a pound .
Second time was $8.00 . Grabbed one at the lower price . One of the best cuts of beef I've ever had .

Reactions: browneyesvictim
Thank you for the great write up and step by step photos. You make it look so easy! Guess I just need more patience, or beer, or both and let the Mrs. handle it while I supervise?! LOL!!🍻
John

Its usually the other way around for me John. Its the beer and lack of judgement that gets in the way for me usually. :emoji_flushed: I like your Idea about supervising though!
Thanks for the like.

That right there is exactly what I love about this forum. Seeing food prepped like that keeps me coming back. Thanks for such a well documented cook.

I'm flattered! Thank you. I know what you mean about seeing others posts that keep me coming back too. I just love to cook. I can only wish to inspire others,
Thank you for the like.

That is a thing of beauty. Very nice job and gorgeous color on the tri tip. Well done!!

Robert

Thanks Robert. It did look as purdy as a hunk of meat like that could get. I cant wait to do the next one again.
Thanks for the like.

Wonderful looking TT and it looks to be perfectly cooked! I bet that went well with the mushrooms and veggies. Very nicely done!

Thank you xray. Indeed it did pair very well with those sides. I'm missing carbs, and would have loved a buttery potato roll or some mac-n-cheese or..... DOH! nevermind.
Thanks for the like

Now that Sir, is a great show and tell,
Nice meal
Thank you

David

Glad you stopped by to have a look. Thank you.

Wow Erik! I am drooling over here. Nice cook.

Thank you Brian. I'm happy and sad at the same time today because I have the last little bit of leftovers in my lunchbox. I will be sad after its all gone.

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Looks perfect! Ive only had one Tri-Tip. Rare enough this far East and living in the Sticks, meat managers have no clue what they are...JJ
Thanks Jimmy. Definitely feel fortunate to find them here and at a good price here. Probably in the "best of all the cuts" list of a side of beef. Perhaps you can ask for and break down your own bottom sirloin subprimal to get it?

Boy oh boy did you ever nail that one !

Thank you. It was a fun cook as well as delicious!

Looks perfect. You've inspired me and if the weather cooperates, I might have to cook one this weekend.

Do it! You wont be disappointed if you can find one. Heck, do two while you are at it!
Thanks for the like.

Tri-tip is my favorite cut of beef. You Sir nailed it. Outstanding photos, making me hongry.

Thank you. It's one of ours too. Hard to beat!

Looks great!!! Let me know when you do your next one😅

Thanks cornman. It probably wont be too long before doing the next one after the success of this one.
Thank you for the like.

View attachment 506685

Dang man that looks phenomenal. Love the plate with the shrooms. I am in the hard to get tri tip camp so jealous for sure. LIKE!

Yeah, that's a bummer for you. Sorry. Thank you for the comments and like!

Looks fantastic . Nice work .
I've only seen them twice around here . First time was $18.00 a pound .
Second time was $8.00 . Grabbed one at the lower price . One of the best cuts of beef I've ever had .

That's just craziness! My best suggestion for anybody is to just order the bottom sirloin subprimal and cut their own out, and grind the rest for sirloin burgers for that matter.
Thanks for the complements.

Your TT looks delicious!
Personally I like mine a bit more rare, but yours looks really good!
Al

Thanks Al. I think I could go more rare than this for my liking too. The Mrs, not so much... This is a compromise to keep the peace if you know what I'm sayin.
Thanks for the like.

YES! TT perfection! man I could use a plate of that right now! Great cook!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky