Treated Lumber and Drip pans

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pappapig

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Aug 23, 2012
Anderson South Carolina
I know the general rules about using treated wood. Does this apply for framing? Interior will be insulated and lined with durock. I personally don't think it would hurt since no direct contact with the cooking chamber. Also, I'm looking for drip pan ideas to keep grease off of my heating elements.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hello Pappa.  Many folks on here are "READERS".  You know.  Folks who can answer ALL those Trivial Pursuit questions.  I have always wished I was one of those folks.  I am not a " READER" ( some folks sayin " NO KIDDING?" )  I find most times your instincts serve you well. You realise or have read about treated wood.  I say " if you are in doubt, leave it out", but; if it is completely lined with durock and properly sealed I see no problems.  Drip pans: foil roasting pans.  Use and wash or use and throw away.  This is my opinion for what it is worth.  Others may have different advice.  This is only my opinion.  Keep Smokin!

Danny

Breathing new life into an old thread. I am thinking of doing the same thing. Framing with treated, unfaced fiberglass and durock.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky