Traeger timberline 850

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

LexB89

Smoke Blower
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Apr 26, 2020
Hi guy's,

I'm thinking about getting a Traeger timberline 850.

What are people's thoughts on it?

All I've heard is good so far.

Personally I think there much better pellet smokers out there compared to the traeger. I had nothing but issues with temp fluctuations. I ended up with a Rec Tec and haven’t had an issue.

The pellet smokers don't have a water pan like the WSM.

Will that make a difference?

I find it to be very accurate for heat and to have an even heat through the chamber. The only problem I had was during the pandemic, a part went and I had to wait a couple of months to get a replacement but that has been common with other products.

I bought the Traeger timberline 850.

Gave it a first run today.

20210627_163935.jpg

Reactions: CatFan63
Malcom Reed's bacon candy chicken bites were really good! Definitely got to do those again!

Ribs are on!

It's luxury not having to worry about temp!
20210703_123143.jpg

Reactions: 912smoker
I bought one in March 2021. Temp sensor failed. Called customer service, they said new part will arrive by end of week. It's been 10 days and counting and no part yet. Customer service is really bad. Going to sell mine as soon as I get my new part. When grill was working, it was great. Just pray you don't have to call them to fix it.

Cand chicken and bacon bites again.

Can't beat them.

For 30 this time.
20210918_111247.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky