Traeger Grill Temp Issue

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokeonthewater1069

Original poster
May 23, 2022
I‘ve been smoking on my Century 885 for almost a year now. From the beginning the left side temperature has always been 50 degrees higher than the middle or right side. When I smoke I use 3 temp probes (InkBird wifi) for the inside grill temp. The T chimney is on the left side. Is my controller not working properly? Or could it be my temp probe? Is there a solution to bring the left side temp in line with the rest of the grill?

I am thinking its your probes. The 885 has the single firepot in the center under the diffuser like my Pro 34. That setup SHOULD distribute the heat more evenly than that.

Bake some biscuits to test for hot spots.

Reactions: smokeonthewater1069
I am thinking its your probes. The 885 has the single firepot in the center under the diffuser like my Pro 34. That setup SHOULD distribute the heat more evenly than that.

Bake some biscuits to test for hot spots.

My grill temp probe? Maybe. I haven’t contacted customer service yet. I do know the left side cooks faster than the rest of the grill. I’ll have to look at the grill probe and see if it needs cleaning. I don’t know why the probe will have anything to do with the left side temperature. The temp reading on my T controller is always fluctuating between 25-50 degrees higher than what I set it at.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky