Trading Country Folk

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cappyr

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Oct 26, 2013
South Louisiana
Surely I aint da only one with a country boy network, so yall jump in with a post or 2.  Today I traded a bottle of lemon juice for a lb of home made bacon and a fifth of home made wine.  We fried up bout a third of the bacon for breakfast and it was amazin' left the drippin's in the pot and flash fried some pork chops in half of the drippings the rest went for some greenbeans and potatoes smothered down in it.  Think there can be no doubt I made out pretty good sittin here enjoying a glass of home made black berry wine.  Today was a good day of trading.

And I was wondering about those 20 each 16 oz bottles for trading and friends.......

Sounds to me like folks should watch and learn from an old horse trader.

Tell them I have some Satsuma juice!  LOL  Better not I end up giving away the liqueur and the juice and they'd give me a bag of pussy willow switches. LOL

BTW I feel bad last week, Neighbor put in a real road on his property and the kumquat and the lemon tree were in its path. About 15 years old and they just pulled 'em up with the Cat and threw 'em on the burn pile.

Last edited:
What breaks my heart is seeing trees loaded to the point of branches breaking and not picking it.  Alls they would hafta do is call second harvest or the local food bank they would be happy to come and pick them.

Reactions: foamheart

What breaks my heart is seeing trees loaded to the point of branches breaking and not picking it.  Alls they would hafta do is call second harvest or the local food bank they would be happy to come and pick them.
I didn't know that! And that's a good thing to know. You have no idea how many Satsuma's have rotted on my ground in past years. I means the family and neighbors can only eat so many. This year I tried the jelly, never did anything but peel and eat before.

Thank you for your knowledge.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky