Took first in ribs!! (Sorry no Qview)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

rowdyrawhide

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jul 24, 2010
Topeka, KS
Well our church had their big fundraising weekend this last weekend, and their first BBQ competition.  There were only nine teams, but we took first in ribs, so it was a small success.  It was alot of fun, and we learned a bunch of things that we will do differently next time.  Sorry there is no qview, but once things got rolling we couldn't find our arses for a while.  

Congrats. Sounds like a fun little event

a0b52841_imagesCA0PHKBM.jpg
well done

Thanks guys!  It was a ton of fun there were two teams there that do the Royal every year, and I figured there would be ego's galore with them, but they were willing to help in any way they could short of smoking everything for us.  Not that we necessarily were looking for any, but it was suprising to see their willingness to help.  I would suggest to anyone with the slightest itch to do a comp to do it, I doubt you will regret it.  I have already been online looking for more comps in our area, found four or five already.  This comp thing could get expensive. 
icon_eek.gif
  but it should be fun 
Gunner.gif

VERY COOL! hahaha I had to say that in caps, sorry, congrats on the win. I bet that was small yet super fun and being comfortable with your church community that probably was a perfect platform for your first competition.

Congrats is is real fun and real hectic isn't it?  Comps can be expensive that is why we pick on about every other month.  Good luck and good smokes.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky