Too Hot to Smoke——Sammy Time

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bearcarver

Gone but not forgotten RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Sep 12, 2009
Macungie, PA
Too Hot to Smoke——Sammy Time

I decided to stay in Air Conditioning today, and whip up some Leftovers.

So I got out some Leftover Pulled Pork for a Simple Sammy on a HOT Day!!
Didn’t have any Rolls on hand, so;
Toasted a couple slices of Italian Bread, and squirted a little BBQ Sauce on the Toast, and a load of Pulled Pork.
Then added some Sautéed Shrimp to the Plate.

I can eat this stuff anytime!!!

Thanks for Looking,

Bear

Two slices of lightly Toasted Italian Bread, a little BBQ Sauce, and a Big Load of Smoked Pulled Pork (Leftovers):
http://s836.photobucket.com/user/Bearcarver_2009/media/Bearcarver_2009007/IMG_0356.jpg.html

Close it up, Cut in Half, and Add a Dozen Shrimp on the Side:
http://s836.photobucket.com/user/Bearcarver_2009/media/Bearcarver_2009007/IMG_0358.jpg.html

After Supper, it’s Movie Time——Popcorn Time!!!
http://s836.photobucket.com/user/Bearcarver_2009/media/Bearcarver_2009007/IMG_0359.jpg.html

Now I’m Ready!!
http://s836.photobucket.com/user/Bearcarver_2009/media/Bearcarver_2009007/IMG_0361.jpg.html

Great looking sammy. Looks like you loaded it up!

Kind of miss the humidity back in southern Ontario, used to feel so nice getting into the pool or the air conditioned house. The only AC we have here in Alberta is an open window and a fan.

I feel your heat, Bear!  I've been doing deck for a while now, and unfortunately it is on the sunny side of the house.

Sammies prepared inside is definitely the way to go at this tine of the year.

points.gif

Can't beat left over pulled pork,  I really like that side dish !!   Me and the wife do the same thing Popcorn and a Movie

drool.gif

points1.png

Gary

Well that simple sammy stills looks good to me. Sounds good on a hot day and not wanting to go out. Looks awesome in my book. So do you do simple popcorn or flavor it up also with spices?

Bear I do agree it is hotter then H here,my out door thermometer has showed 100* for the last few days.The sandwiches look good

Richie 

Great sammie,but way to go with that side of shrimp!! Hate to see the up charge from the normal sides.:biggrin:

Looks great Bear, what movie did you watch?
Thanks Hammer!!

Oh Boy---I can't remember---We try to watch a movie every night.

Bear

Great looking sammy. Looks like you loaded it up!

Kind of miss the humidity back in southern Ontario, used to feel so nice getting into the pool or the air conditioned house. The only AC we have here in Alberta is an open window and a fan.
Thank You Duke!!

Yup---It was one of those deals where there wasn't enough Pulled Pork for 2 Sammies so I had to squeeze it all into one.

I remember the days of No AC---Many years ago. I Never had AC until I was married & had my own house!

And Thanks for the Points.

Bear

Hey remember those Drive in Movies ,  sitting there eating Pop Corn, watching the movie and sweating. Never thought a thing about it. Winter time you took a blanket

Fun Times

Gary

Hey remember those Drive in Movies ,  sitting there eating Pop Corn, watching the movie and sweating. Never thought a thing about it. Winter time you took a blanket

Fun Times

Gary
Yup---We had a big one in my little Home Town (Quakertown). "The Starlight Drive-In"

I remember the Sweating, but I can't remember the "Watching the Movie" part.
biggrin.gif

Bear

When we moved to Mesquite we had one about half mile up the road.

Gary

Fun Times

Gary

Remember? They haven't died here yet in MI. The Ford Wyoming drive in is still hanging on. That is the last one around here. It's a shame to. I used to remember my dad taking us kids. Best movie I seen back then was Dirty Harry. Being a kid back then. It was awesome.

I feel your heat, Bear!  I've been doing deck for a while now, and unfortunately it is on the sunny side of the house.

Sammies prepared inside is definitely the way to go at this tine of the year.

points.gif
Thank You Idaho!!

And Thanks for the Points.

Bear

Can't beat left over pulled pork,  I really like that side dish !!   Me and the wife do the same thing Popcorn and a Movie

drool.gif

points1.png

Gary
Thank You Gary!!

And for the Points.

Bear

Well that simple sammy stills looks good to me. Sounds good on a hot day and not wanting to go out. Looks awesome in my book. So do you do simple popcorn or flavor it up also with spices?
Thank You!!

I usually Spray my Popcorn with Spray Butter first.

Then I have some real fine salt that sticks better than regular salt. (Salt doesn't all end up on the bottom of the bowl !!!)

Also have a few cheese & Butter flavored shakers I sometimes use.

My Microwave Popper is Great---Uses regular Popcorn without oil, and make Great Popcorn.

Bear

Good stuff Bear!

It's popcorn & movie time here too!

Points!

Al
Thank You Al !!

And for the Points!

Bear

Bear I do agree it is hotter then H here,my out door thermometer has showed 100* for the last few days.The sandwiches look good

Richie 
Thank You Richie!!

Bear
Great sammie,but way to go with that side of shrimp!! Hate to see the up charge from the normal sides.
biggrin.gif
Thanks b-one!!

Yeah---I don't make them often, Mrs Bear doesn't eat Seafood.

Bear

Yup---We had a big one in my little Home Town (Quakertown). "The Starlight Drive-In"

I remember the Sweating, but I can't remember the "Watching the Movie" part.:biggrin:

Bear
And you always parked in the back row...[emoji]128521[/emoji]

Great Sammie's like that are why we cook too much in the first place. It's nice when it's 96 on the patio in the shade to pull out a vac sealed bit of PP or bacon for BLTs.
I hope this heat gives a bit soon. My garage is air conditioned, but I feel like I'm in a cave and there's so much I want to cook!
Dan

And you always parked in the back row...[emoji]128521[/emoji]

Great Sammie's like that are why we cook too much in the first place. It's nice when it's 96 on the patio in the shade to pull out a vac sealed bit of PP or bacon for BLTs.
I hope this heat gives a bit soon. My garage is air conditioned, but I feel like I'm in a cave and there's so much I want to cook!
Dan
Yup---Back row if there was room!!
biggrin.gif

We're supposed to get down to Mid 80s for the next 5 days (after today), but Thunderstorms for the next 3 of those 5 days.

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky