Tonites smoke

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Sorry to keep ya all waiting
PDT_Armataz_01_07.gif
hardly keep my eye's open but here's the outcome of a long nite's smoke

brisket was awesome............tender, moist and nice flavor
shoulder was absolutely the best i have ever eaten!!

all the knowledge i have gotten off this forum has taken my Q to a new level
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Well Bubba ... I was going to do a shoulder today (Sunday) until I read your plans ... so when I went to buy my shoulder, I asked about brisket. Things on this side of the border can be real different ....
My butcher had a rolled brisket about 6 lbs ... I thought why not give it a whirl. both on at 5:40 (that is Oh dark thirty for those in the military)
icon_lol.gif

I will post pics ... when light enough to see!

By the way ... looked at your finish pics ... hope mine are as good!

Looks fantastic Bubba!!! Very nice indeed.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Planning on doing a few racks of BB's today along with some chicken thighs....we'll see
icon_mrgreen.gif

Looks great Bubba......cold smokin some side bacon outside the egloo here in Canada today !...enjoying some sun and warm temps .....and of course a few wobly pops..post results later
PDT_Armataz_01_11.gif

OK ... I'm officially jealous now as I await my Q to finish ... dang shoulder is stuck on 159º ... just want 160º and I'll foil ... been a perfect day!

In 20 minutes it will be a solid 12 hour Q ... (5:20)

Hang in there squeezy,are u slicing that or pulling? u may have a long nite in front of u
PDT_Armataz_01_23.gif
hopin for some pic's!! good luck
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Sorry I didn't respond earlier ... had guests, much beer!

I wanted to pull it, so waited for 200º which finally happened at 9 pm

We had already had our fill on the rolled brisket, so I rested it until 11 pm, pulled it, sampled, tried to do a quick update on my own thread ( which for some reason didn't save) and hit the hay!

I will post pics on my thread shortly ... thanks for all your help and encouragement!

BUBBA
BBQ was Great as always! Glad I was one of the few that got to enjoy it. I get to do the next all nighter!!! (FAMILY, BBQ & BOURBON nothing better!!!!!!!)
later cuz, DB BBQ

Hey Paul, here in Vancouver the closest I can come to a fattie is at Safeway. They have a 450 gm (1 lb for our US friends) sausage meat roll. I haven't actually tried one because for me its a quick 30 - 45 minute drive over the border to the super Walmart ....

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky