• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Tonites smoke

bbq bubba

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 12, 2007
Sorry to keep ya all waiting
hardly keep my eye's open but here's the outcome of a long nite's smoke

brisket was awesome............tender, moist and nice flavor
shoulder was absolutely the best i have ever eaten!!

all the knowledge i have gotten off this forum has taken my Q to a new level

squeezy

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 17, 2005
Well Bubba ... I was going to do a shoulder today (Sunday) until I read your plans ... so when I went to buy my shoulder, I asked about brisket. Things on this side of the border can be real different ....
My butcher had a rolled brisket about 6 lbs ... I thought why not give it a whirl. both on at 5:40 (that is Oh dark thirty for those in the military)

I will post pics ... when light enough to see!

By the way ... looked at your finish pics ... hope mine are as good!

tonto1117

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Jan 25, 2007
Looks fantastic Bubba!!! Very nice indeed.

Planning on doing a few racks of BB's today along with some chicken thighs....we'll see

t-bone tim

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 24, 2007
Looks great Bubba......cold smokin some side bacon outside the egloo here in Canada today !...enjoying some sun and warm temps .....and of course a few wobly pops..post results later

deejaydebi

Legendary Pitmaster
Joined Nov 18, 2006
Everything looks s good Bubba! You did a great job even if you don't remember it!

T - don't forget the pix later!

squeezy

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 17, 2005
OK ... I'm officially jealous now as I await my Q to finish ... dang shoulder is stuck on 159º ... just want 160º and I'll foil ... been a perfect day!

In 20 minutes it will be a solid 12 hour Q ... (5:20)

bbq bubba

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 12, 2007
Hang in there squeezy,are u slicing that or pulling? u may have a long nite in front of u
hopin for some pic's!! good luck

deejaydebi

Legendary Pitmaster
Joined Nov 18, 2006
It's all just a matter of time and Patience ...

and how may fatties you have to tied you over!

squeezy

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 17, 2005
Sorry I didn't respond earlier ... had guests, much beer!

I wanted to pull it, so waited for 200º which finally happened at 9 pm

We had already had our fill on the rolled brisket, so I rested it until 11 pm, pulled it, sampled, tried to do a quick update on my own thread ( which for some reason didn't save) and hit the hay!

I will post pics on my thread shortly ... thanks for all your help and encouragement!

squeezy

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 17, 2005
I have never seen a fattie here in Canada ... if anyone knows where I can find one here, please let me know ... thank you.

db bbq

Smoke Blower
Joined Apr 9, 2007
BUBBA
BBQ was Great as always! Glad I was one of the few that got to enjoy it. I get to do the next all nighter!!! (FAMILY, BBQ & BOURBON nothing better!!!!!!!)
later cuz, DB BBQ

dionysus

Meat Mopper
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 4, 2006
Hey Paul, here in Vancouver the closest I can come to a fattie is at Safeway. They have a 450 gm (1 lb for our US friends) sausage meat roll. I haven't actually tried one because for me its a quick 30 - 45 minute drive over the border to the super Walmart ....

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.