Tonight's dinner

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

clifish

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
May 25, 2019
Long Island, NY
So the wife went out to dinner with friends and left me by myself. It was 7.30, a couple drinks and I was feeling really lazy. We had already brought in dinner once this week and if I did it tonight I know it would have been a bad carb choice like pizza. soooo
Alpo.jpg

No, not alpo dog food but close. A can of refried beans, added diced tomatoes, fire roasted peppers, onions. Put in a low carb wrap, melted cheese and topped with pickled habaneros, sour cream and ghost pepper salsa....I told you I was feeling lazy:emoji_wink:

So the wife went out to dinner with friends and left me by myself. It was 7.30, a couple drinks and I was feeling really lazy. We had already brought in dinner once this week and if I did it tonight I know it would have been a bad carb choice like pizza. soooo
View attachment 528496

No, not alpo dog food but close. A can of refried beans, added diced tomatoes, fire roasted peppers, onions. Put in a low carb wrap, melted cheese and topped with pickled habaneros, sour cream and ghost pepper salsa....I told you I was feeling lazy:emoji_wink:

Ha, not Alpo… LOL

Hey man, I’d have been all over a couple of them wraps… sounds tasty to me! 🍻

Funny side bit. Had Whities for lunch at work yesterday, between last evening and this morning I was told no less than 30 times that I am NEVER allowed to have it again. 😂😂😂 oops.
Oh yeah the day after is almost as bad as when I overload myself with ghost peppers and such....."The ring of fire" :emoji_fearful:

No judging on my end. I’ve been extremely lazy lately with dinners. It’s tough during the winter if I can’t grill, all the dishes it takes to cook inside instead of throwing everting into the grill. On top of kids sports and whatnot. I’m ashamed to say McDonald’s has been a hot topic lately.

No judging on my end. I’ve been extremely lazy lately with dinners. It’s tough during the winter if I can’t grill, all the dishes it takes to cook inside instead of throwing everting into the grill. On top of kids sports and whatnot. I’m ashamed to say McDonald’s has been a hot topic lately.
I hear you...I remember those days, I was in the dugout 4-5 days a week when my son was on three baseball teams, daughter was on both Varsity and private gymnastic teams.

Now he graduated college and teaches in NH and she is in college in NC...empty nest has been great cooking and health wise!

Reactions: bauchjw
So the wife went out to dinner with friends and left me by myself.

My first thought was the movie "Home Alone". I could see all sorts of interesting stuff going on :emoji_laughing: As for your dinner, most, if not all of us have been there. I'm known to just heat up a can of Hormel chili, garnish with diced onions & cheddar, grab some crackers and call it done. Not a thing wrong with that meal....especially if it left time for a couple more drinks :emoji_wink:

Robert

Sounds great right now… about 2am might be another story. 😂

Kinda looks like a can of that 2am story right there :emoji_wink:. My normal go to on lazy nights is frozen burgers or an Italian grinder from the mom-n-pop store down the road.

Chris

Reactions: clifish
On the rare night I am solo it always steak. My wife doesn’t love steak (it’s a genetic disorder), but I do.

Reactions: clifish
Sounds good to me. I been a carb binge since my blood work. My eyes are telling me the party over. Hard to get back on the train!
Brian I get that, I have been at A1C of 6.0 - 6.3 for the last year yet the ophthalmologist still saw some diabetic retinaopothy in the right eye. I had to get a shot into the eyeball and a laser treatment both in the last 2 weeks. Damage was probably done in the previous years when I was up in the 9's.

My first thought was the movie "Home Alone". I could see all sorts of interesting stuff going on :emoji_laughing: As for your dinner, most, if not all of us have been there. I'm known to just heat up a can of Hormel chili, garnish with diced onions & cheddar, grab some crackers and call it done. Not a thing wrong with that meal....especially if it left time for a couple more drinks :emoji_wink:

Robert
at least a couple or maybe a couple followed by a few more.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky