Tomatoes... A new plan for storage....

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

daveomak

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Nov 12, 2010
Omak,Washington,U.S.A.
These maters are really good... Don't know what variety they are for sure... They were marked "Romas" but don't look like any Roma I have grown in the past.....  

Bride decided a new tactic for the tomatoes this year... We still have jars of canned from last year and the freezer has dehydrator dried and vac-packed from way back..... 

Sooooo....  This year, the oven has been working overtime to roast these beauties.....    Sliced....  salt, pepper, ground garlic, onion, basil are treated to the red gems..... Maybe even some olive oil... Don't know for sure.... It's too early to ask....  

Parchment laid on the sheet pan for easy clean up....

Into the oven at 350 for a couple hours until the moisture is gone.... 

Holy cr@p are these babies delish.....   Then they are frozen as you see them and vac-packed for long term storage

in the freezer.....    

Thought I would pass this on..... I can't imagine how many uses there is going to be for these things.....

Bride is pretty inventive when it comes to making tasty food......    

Thanks for looking.........  Dave

What a great thing to be able to pull out of the freezer.  Gonna have to show the wife this one, she is the keeper of the tomatos here.

Looking good Dave - I bet those are going to be tasty

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky