Todays smoke!!!!!! Oysters and shrimp with Qview!!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

fpnmf

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jul 19, 2010
Fl
I couldn't take it any longer...

All of my things are in boxes and totes.

Stuff everywhere and impossible to find.

Got the mes set up on the back deck and took off to Panama City.

Came back with 2 pounds of fresh extra jumbo shrimp and a half bushel of oysters.

Melted a couple sticks of butter and and added granular garlic,old bay,onion powder,black pepper and some basil.

Grated some way good reggiano.

Mixed it up and while the Woman peeled and deviened the shrimp I shucked about 4 dozen oysters.

Put the shrimp in a disposable alunium pan and covered with the butter mix.

Racked the oysters, added a splash of the mix and a nice pile of grated reggiano.

Fired off some peach in the AMAZEN. MES at 245.

A dash of hot sauce on the oysters for me.

Life is good..I am quite happy in the mess and will start work again unpacking tomorrow!!

YYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

The new kitchen.  Looks like I just moved in... doesn't it?

1fcb618e_014.jpg

ec2a683c_015.jpg

b081507e_017.jpg

a372a7c9_018.jpg

e48be6eb_019.jpg

aa9d4b50_022.jpg

Delicious!!!!

Didn't keep track of the smoke time....just took them out when they looked right!!

Craig

Last edited:
Reactions: tumbleweed1
I love oysters & shrimp and yours look absolutely delicious. Geez Craig you've only been in FL a couple of days & your already hooked on the seafood. Your in a perfect spot for fresh seafood. Down here in the middle of the State I might as well be in Ohio as far as fresh FL seafood goes.

Thanks Al!! 

I have wanted to move to the panhandle for a long time.

My folks lived in St Pete and the seafood was good there too.

The MES is going to be running all day today...we have oysters to eat!!

Craig

W Main St... Gonna be smoking oysters all day!!

Come on down!!

Craig

Great Looking Seafood...

Here is what we have in KC... 
b2c74411_logo.gif
32244408_logo.jpg

Food looks great craig.............. Nice way to break in the new place........... thanks for the qveiw

That looks delicious. How long did you smoke your shrimp? Are they done when they change to the pinkish color?

Thanks.
Took them out about 2 mins after they turned pink..

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky