Today's menu with pics

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

t-bone tim

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Feb 24, 2007
N.B. Canada
A busy day here in eastern canada... put on a 9# picnic for pulled pork,which is at 185 currently,added 3 racks of babybacks 3 hours into the smoke...1 with Meowey's rub (thanks Meowey !)one with arnie's all purpose seasoning and one with garlic salt,onion powder and pepper...3 hours with apple smoke ,mopped with apple juice ,foiled with more apple juice and stillhouse sauce 2 hours,removed,more stillhouse last hour...threw in some pig candy !with hickory smoke...the Mrs whipped up a couple deserts....all very yummy !!!
Still waitin on the picnic...made up SloFlaquer's carolina mustard sauce and pork finishing sauce (thanks SloFlaquer) as well as the stillhouse sauce,gonna make 3 seperate small batches of pulled pork to try each sauce for sammies for tomorrow's supper ( too full now :)....
c87a8252_vbattach12464.jpg

9c11a559_vbattach12463.jpg

efe89b16_vbattach12461.jpg

3a441d9d_vbattach12462.jpg

69e2e359_vbattach12460.jpg

Good looking grub there Tim. We lloovvee that pig candy, but can eat way more than we should have. Looks like the smoking gods blessed you today.

Looks great T-bone...Too bad I'm still full from my own supper...but those deserts....well, I think I could do a good number on them..
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Chris, where ya been. Pig candy is thick sliced bacon coated with brown sugar and smoked in a disposable alum. pan. Man is it good. Do a search.

Chris ...the pig candy is a must try...delish...the boys at work all want smokers now !!!! looks like some more Canadian members ? lol
eek.gif

I just finished supper and thought I was full until I saw what you had cooked up. I know it was good, and I missed it.

Billyq...all you have to do is coat thick slice bacon on both sides with dark brown sugar ( I sliced mined about 3/8 inch...1/4 would probably have been best....or use the thickest you have )place into disposable tinfoil pan and sprinkle a bit more sugar on top and smoke at approx 240 to 250 till done about an hour or so (depending on thickness ) ...I used hickory...very yummy,warm or cold ...gotta try it
biggrin.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky