Today's Butt

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

meowey

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jul 16, 2006
Northern NY (Adirondacks)
Folks,

Did a 7 lb pork butt today. I slept in, so I didn't get it into the smoker untill 7:00AM. (What is this world coming to?)

Rubbed and ready.

rubbedom5.jpg

Hour 3

hour3fi8.jpg

Ready for Foil

foilreadymn6.jpg

Falling apart!!

fallingapartne4.jpg

Sorry, there are no finished pics. I am preparing this for a department get together next Friday evening, and right after I added SoFlaQuer's finishing sauce to the pan I put it in freezer bags. As I turned around from the fridge after depositing the bags there I saw the camera and realized that I had experienced one of many "Senior Moments". At least I remembered to put wood in the smoker this morning.

Have fun and do good!

Meowey

Lookin good Meowey,

I was happy with the one I did today too...I don't know how you get your pictures that size? But it all looks good. I got a meat loaf mixed up for tomorrow. The last one turned out so well, I just got to try another one.

Way to go!

Steve

I resize them to 630x473 using Adobe Photoshop elements. Most imaging software lets you resize images. I upload them to imageshack. (www.imageshack.us) Then I copy the embeddable code for forums and paste it right into my posts here.

Images that size are easy to see but don't require most browsers to scroll right or left to see the pics and read the post.

Hope this helps.

Meowey

Hang in there Seth. You will figure it out. My first one was nothing to look at. It did taste good though.

Meowey

Hey Meowey

I can smell a ROAD TRIP :)

Your hour 3 photo: How did you get the little clouds of "Thin Blue" to pose?
Great effect! :shock:

Illini

Illini,

That was not smoke. I had just sprayed the butt with my 3-1 mix of apple juice and bourbon. It was a little bit of steam from the spray that hit the side of the smoker. It does look cool though. Serendipity would more likely be the word for it. I could probably not get that to happen again and get such an interesting picture.

Take care, have fun, and do good!

Meowey

Seth-

Just listen to these guys ... What they do is magic. I had a similar problem to yours when I started on this smokin stuff this spring. The foil trick is the key ... As well as the cooler hold time. Makes it so KISS that even I get good , consistent results. The consistency is what I appreciate... knowing I can produce the same quality time after time ...

I can't say enough about the expertise on this site. Besides, they are all good guys (and gals!)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky