Today was a good day

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Ok, tomorrow I have the day off. Going to fire the Yoder a 2nd time and practice fire management and cook some brats.

This weekend I am smoking a pork loan and win, loose or draw Ill post Q-View ... And I guarantee even if I am posting a pic of white smoke and fail .. Ill have a blast ... and Ill be legit, if it does not come out well Ill say so because I am sure I will get helpful feedback
Perfect.    That's how we can help you. 

BUT, I bet it will be good.

I might be posting a failed beef bacon next week.

Only way to do it...I post as I go so if it turns out bad it just does. There's enough wise guys on here they might be able to help you along the way if something is going wrong. I bet you'll be just fine. Well on your way already. Practice run is s great idea

Only way to do it...I post as I go so if it turns out bad it just does. There's enough wise guys on here they might be able to help you along the way if something is going wrong. I bet you'll be just fine. Well on your way already. Practice run is s great idea
Wise guys huh?     LOL       Nuk Nuk Nuk

Ok, tomorrow I have the day off. Going to fire the Yoder a 2nd time and practice fire management and cook some brats.

This weekend I am smoking a pork loin and win, loose or draw Ill post Q-View ... And I guarantee even if I am posting a pic of white smoke and fail .. Ill have a blast ... and Ill be legit, if it does not come out well Ill say so because I am sure I will get helpful feedback
We've all been there, skinning up our knees, trying to break in a rig and figuring it out.  Advantage you have that many of us didn't?  This forum and the wide array of experience found within:  let us know how it goes--good or bad--and know that you've got a great resource at your disposal.

Nice smoker...Enjoy!!
Learn the pit right away then you'll know it's personality. Then it should be easy to smoke on. And fun!

Sunday I did my first initial run of the Yoder …. I had trouble with billowing white smoke … I had white smoke the whole time

This is the commonly-reported issue with the Yoder Wichita and Cheyenne models with the heat management plate installed. You have to leave the door open or use lots of coals to keep your splits burning without smoldering. Pretty welds aren't the issue with these units.

How is your Wichita working now that you have had some experience with it? Yoder's latest advice is to build a small fire in the right rear corner of the firebox, and they also recommend removing the heat management plate if you're having trouble maintaining clean fires.

I have shared my Loaded Wichita experience on the Yoder Community Forum, topic: Loaded Wichita Door MOD!

Update:
Yoder deleted all my posts from their forum. I reposted the door mod article on the Texas BBQ Forum.

She's a finicky beast, but good looking:
Oy7octI.jpg

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky