Today is a good day !!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 22, 2009
Central Florida (Sebring)
About 7 years ago I got the cancer diagnosis. The Dr. Told me no worries, if you have to have cancer you have a good one. You’re not going to die this year. Anyhow after 3 years of chemo, I’m in remission & have been for a couple of years. But the chemo destroyed my kidneys. If you know about kidney disease, if your GFR gets to 15, you go on dialysis. Mine was 22, the Dr. Said if I could get it to 30 & keep it there I would be good. I just got my last blood test back about 5 minutes ago & it’s 60. That means that officially I don’t have kidney disease anymore. I’m going to celebrate tonight!!! :emoji_sunglasses: BIG TIME!!!
Al

Good for you Al! It's important to learn how to take care of yourself, sounds like you are doing a knockout job of it, thrilled for you! RAY

Great news Al. My wife used to work in renal services and it's one of the more depressing areas of the hospital.

Again Congratulations Al

Chris

Congratulations Al, that is great news. It takes good genetics AND your own personal determination to change those numbers!
Good Job sir.

Don

That's awesome news Al! Sounds like a celebration is well deserved!

Ryan

About 7 years ago I got the cancer diagnosis. The Dr. Told me no worries, if you have to have cancer you have a good one. You’re not going to die this year. Anyhow after 3 years of chemo, I’m in remission & have been for a couple of years. But the chemo destroyed my kidneys. If you know about kidney disease, if your GFR gets to 15, you go on dialysis. Mine was 22, the Dr. Said if I could get it to 30 & keep it there I would be good. I just got my last blood test back about 5 minutes ago & it’s 60. That means that officially I don’t have kidney disease anymore. I’m going to celebrate tonight!!! :emoji_sunglasses: BIG TIME!!!
Al
Great to hear Al!!

Nice Al. The forum could use some good news about health after the last few weeks. Enjoy your celebration!

Man that's great news, Congratulations, I'm sure there will be some serious celebrations in Florida tonight

Good news indeed, Al.
"Good" cancer? That equates to people suffering a "good" stroke in my book.
Give your girlfriend Judy an extra hug, too. Health issues are hard on the spouse, too.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky