To to the Fourm

Discussion in 'Roll Call' started by 6lbspot, Feb 18, 2016.

1. From Alabama, I just acquired a what I'm calling a cabinet charcoal smoker, all I know about it is its heavy like 800 pounds of 1/4 inch plate steel, upper box is where the magic happens and the lower unit is the fire box. This was a custom built smoker but I don't know who made it... Any info or suggestions as to how to use....

2. As soon I get home this morning I'll be lighting it up and driving the neighborhood crazy by 8am

3. smokinal

smokinal Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

It certainly looks impressive.

Got any close up shots of the inside?

Al

cajuncpo likes this.
  4. I'm not exactly a newbie, just new to the Fourm, I also have 50 inch offset smoker. I'm working towards participating in a few contest later in the year

5. I take more pics closet up and of the inside shortly

6. bluewhisper

bluewhisper Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Welcome to the board, that's a neat rig!  You never know what sorts of custom builds you'll see around here. I'm running an offset, too and I love it.

Not today though, we have a wind advisory with gusts up to 45 mph. "Secure outdoor items"

6lbspot likes this.
  7. It's a bit breezy here in Alabama today as well

8. bluewhisper

bluewhisper Master of the Pit OTBS Member

What are your favorite woods?

mike5051 likes this.
  10. Arby's doesn't have nothing on me

11. mike5051

mike5051 Master of the Pit SMF Premier Member

That looks amazing!  Is it a pork loin?  Chuck roast?  C'mon man, I gots to know!  [​IMG]

Mike

6lbspot likes this.
  12. Just a plain Jane Boston butt

13. That's a pork tender loin I did a few weeks ago

Last edited: Feb 20, 2016
  14. mike5051

Nice!  I've never cut a butt like that.  Mine are falling apart trying to get them off the smoker.  

Mike

15. It's my proprietary process, my meats stay juice & tender! I'll never post pictures of items during the smoking process or even at the end when it's ready to come off the smoker!
    Let's just say I've got something figured out....I'm going try my meats up against some of the best at a few upcoming nationally recognized EVENTS

Last edited: Feb 20, 2016
  16. mike5051

Good luck!