TN Strips

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

TNJAKE

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Nov 26, 2019
Ridgetop TN🇺🇸
Grilled up the last of my bulk Strips I bought from Sam's tonight. I marinate strips unlike ribeyes due to the fat. Tonight I used a marinade called allegro. People from the south will be familiar maybe. It's made in Tennessee. Google it if not. People looking for a better and more flavorful option to Dale's definitely try it out. Some salt and pepper and threw it on my pellet smoker at 500°. About 10 minutes total and perfectly medium rare.

Attachments

• 20191212_181706.jpg
    20191212_181706.jpg
    163.7 KB · Views: 32
  • 20191212_185435.jpg
    20191212_185435.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 40
  • 20191212_191710.jpg
    20191212_191710.jpg
    161.6 KB · Views: 39
Yeah, Allegro is good stuff. Readily available in every grocery store here in Southeast Mississippi. I still cut it a bit with water just like I do Dales. I use Allegro more on the deer meat than anything else. Your steaks look great!! Nice job.

Looks good . You nailed the cook . We can get Allegro here , but if you ever see Andria's brush on steak sauce , grab it .

That steak looks great! I’ve not heard of Alegros. May have to find it online to try it.

That steak looks great. But to be fair... that spud looks almighty tasty too! One fine looking plate for sure.

Ryan

Reactions: Glock9x19
Yeah, Allegro is good stuff. Readily available in every grocery store here in Southeast Mississippi. I still cut it a bit with water just like I do Dales. I use Allegro more on the deer meat than anything else. Your steaks look great!! Nice job.
Thanks Hawg. Did you know they make allegro for wild game?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky