Tis The Season!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

TNJAKE

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Nov 26, 2019
Ridgetop TN🇺🇸
Howdy fellas and non fellas. Crawfish season has arrived! We have several places around me that bring up sacks of love crawfish for the weekends between Feb and May. Can buy them live or boiled. Stopped by and grabbed me 4lbs of bugs, sausage, corn and taters. These are from Atchafalaya Basin in Louisiana. Nice and spicy and yep.......I ate every one of them and could have downed another 2lb. I'll be stopping by every couple weeks till they go out of season
IMG_20230211_133917.jpg

All 4lb in my lap in the recliner lol
IMG_20230211_134056.jpg

And an empty 9x13 dish!
IMG_20230211_143230.jpg

One of my favorite foods!

Typically id make you take me on a date before I answered a question like that but it is 2023 so.......eat the tails and suck the heads! Lol
Haha modern times. I’ve not true the heads yet. I applaud the honest gorging though as sometimes people comment on servings I post. They aren’t always single serve but sometimes I want to post “ why yes, I am going to murder that entire heap of food” LOL

• Haha
Reactions: TNJAKE
Haha modern times. I’ve not true the heads yet. I applaud the honest gorging though as sometimes people comment on servings I post. They aren’t always single serve but sometimes I want to post “ why yes, I am going to murder that entire heap of food” LOL
Lol I understand this was a gorge worthy event

Reactions: jcam222
Nice plate of chow Jake. Looks like there's still some corn and tator left.

Point for sure
Chris

Reactions: jcam222
Crawfish tracker is up on WBRZ channel 2....last I checked $5.84/# boiled in B.R.
Local Grocer has them for $4.59/# boiled....
We aren't as fortunate with price considering they have to be driven up weekly live. $7.99lb boiled......$4.50lb live by the sack. Just happy I can get them fresh from atleast 4 vendors this time of year. Also had red shrimp, white shrimp, redfish and fresh oysters

Howdy fellas and non fellas. Crawfish season has arrived! We have several places around me that bring up sacks of love crawfish for the weekends between Feb and May. Can buy them live or boiled. Stopped by and grabbed me 4lbs of bugs, sausage, corn and taters. These are from Atchafalaya Basin in Louisiana. Nice and spicy and yep.......I ate every one of them and could have downed another 2lb. I'll be stopping by every couple weeks till they go out of season View attachment 657491

All 4lb in my lap in the recliner lolView attachment 657492

And an empty 9x13 dish!View attachment 657493

One of my favorite foods!
I’ve never had crawfish. Yeah I know. Need to get my arse down south and get me some.

Reactions: TNJAKE
I’ve never had crawfish. Yeah I know. Need to get my arse down south and get me some.
They are delicious. Spicy and awesome. If you are down this way Feb-may you can find them all over the south

We aren't as fortunate with price considering they have to be driven up weekly live. $7.99lb boiled......$4.50lb live by the sack. Just happy I can get them fresh from atleast 4 vendors this time of year. Also had red shrimp, white shrimp, redfish and fresh oysters
Understand man....up there in No-Coast land you gotta take what you can get when you can get it. Got Friends south of Memphis that keep trying to talk me into opening up shop up there....but I don't wanna leave Louisiana!

I use to catch them when I was in High School. Had access to a little swamp behind the house...we'd catch 15-20 sacks when they were running good at the peak of the season. We'd sell local to friends of family, then buy the stuff to boil what we kept. That paid for seasonings, beer, and gas in the boat to head to the camp on the river. Man, those were carefree days!!!!

I can remember when the price was $0.28/# for live......we ate a LOT of boiled crawfish back then. So much that I'm pretty much burnt out on boiled crawfish. I'll eat them but just not crazy about them. Would rather peeled tail meat for a stew or etouffee'...

Understand man....up there in No-Coast land you gotta take what you can get when you can get it. Got Friends south of Memphis that keep trying to talk me into opening up shop up there....but I don't wanna leave Louisiana!

I use to catch them when I was in High School. Had access to a little swamp behind the house...we'd catch 15-20 sacks when they were running good at the peak of the season. We'd sell local to friends of family, then buy the stuff to boil what we kept. That paid for seasonings, beer, and gas in the boat to head to the camp on the river. Man, those were carefree days!!!!

I can remember when the price was $0.28/# for live......we ate a LOT of boiled crawfish back then. So much that I'm pretty much burnt out on boiled crawfish. I'll eat them but just not crazy about them. Would rather peeled tail meat for a stew or etouffee'...
I'll be posting up a crawfish etouffee in the next month for sure

Reactions: indaswamp
That looks awesome!
I need to do a boil with some blue crab. I just don't understand boiled corn..
That leftover liquid looks like it would be great base for a gumbo, étouffée or bouilibasse.. 👍👍

That looks awesome!
I need to do a boil with some blue crab. I just don't understand boiled corn..
That leftover liquid looks like it would be great base for a gumbo, étouffée or bouilibasse.. 👍👍
I may or may not have drank that juice at the end lol. As far as the corn it doesn't get boiled to death. Mainly just there to soak up that good Cajun flavor

Also forgot to mention they had 12-15lb fresh gators. Skinned and ready except head and feet for $14.99lb. I'm probably gonna have to give one a go lol

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky