tips cole slaw????

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
What is Tips? Is a restaurant?
pretty sure he was a member here and posted a cole slaw recipe that i used all the time< this has been about three years ago, i havent been on here for awhile. he called it Tips cole slaw, i dont remember his name

This sauce mixed in a bag of slaw is very good. Sold at most stores.
15184791955591960906090.jpg

Someone beat me to it.

Yeah. That guy probably deleted or something. He had a brine that everyone used evidently. I think SmokinAl probably knew him.

Tip is still around, Friend of mine here in IOWA, He does some amazing things.
At 1 time, there was quite a flock of us IOWA guys on here.... kinda got wore out or died...

Reactions: iluvribs
Here is approx. what I do for slaw. Everyone always seems to like it and is a must every time I make pork of any kind, the wife and our family and friends say I must. This is my base but I usually tweak it from time to time. I shred my cabbage with a mandolin and use a cheese grater for the carrot. If you don't want to do all the cutting a good way to go is buy the pre-cut cabbage mix and a bag or broccoli slaw, or add some broccoli slaw to your own.
  • 2 pounds green cabbage
  • 4 carrot
  • 1 medium yellow onion
  • 1/2 cup mayonnaise
  • 1/4 cup mustard
  • 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar (1 tablespoon sometimes)
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 teaspoon black pepper
  • 1/2 teaspoon cayenne (can sub 1 teaspoon of ancho or 1/2 cayenne and 1/2 ancho)
  • 1 teaspoon of celery seed or more to taste
  • Salt and freshly ground black pepper
  • OPTIONAL/APPROX- 1 teaspoon cumin
  • OPTIONAL/APPROX - 1 teaspoon garlic powder

Ahh. Tip was the Slaughterhouse guy! Celery in cole slaw? Interesting. KFC slaw IS good. I think most people make slaw too wet.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky