Tip journey

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

kit s

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Sep 2, 2017
Messed up state of California
Q'ed up a Tri Tip until medium rare.
First meal, tip with a little left over Spanish rice that I had made earlier in the week, plus some sauteed zucchini.
Then it made a trip to Philly and became a steak sandwich with sauteed red onion, bell pepper put under the broiler for about 3 min. to melt the pepper jack and Swiss cheese.
Decided to visit France and became a French dip with Au jus and side of home made French fires.
Journeying back closer to home and to become what I call a Gilroy garlic slider and chased with a brew. Slider were made with French bread dipped in melted butter that was loaded with chopped garlic and sprinkled with parsley.

Attachments

• 8-7-2018.JPG
    8-7-2018.JPG
    145.2 KB · Views: 27
  • 8-7-2018a.JPG
    8-7-2018a.JPG
    143.2 KB · Views: 28
  • 8-7-2018d.JPG
    8-7-2018d.JPG
    117.1 KB · Views: 26
  • 8-8-2018.JPG
    8-8-2018.JPG
    89.4 KB · Views: 27
  • 8-9-2018.JPG
    8-9-2018.JPG
    122.4 KB · Views: 26
  • 8-10-2018.JPG
    8-10-2018.JPG
    119.4 KB · Views: 27
Around the world in four tasty meals. Nice job Kit.

Point for sure.

Chris

Reactions: kit s
I just bought my first Tri Tip this morning (Choice grade on sale @ Sams) and I'm searching the forum now to see how I want to approach cooking them (2 in a pack). Your meals look awesome. We're gonna steal a few ideas for sure. Thanks for sharing.

I just bought my first Tri Tip this morning (Choice grade on sale @ Sams) and I'm searching the forum now to see how I want to approach cooking them (2 in a pack). Your meals look awesome. We're gonna steal a few ideas for sure. Thanks for sharing.
Well your not stealing, because I am glad to share and feel honored that you will probably use a couple of those ideas.
kit

That Gilroy garlic slider definitely sounds like something I could get into!

For your next round the world trip with a tip, may I suggest a stop in Greece. Server a few slices on top of a Greek salad and you have a Greek version of a Black and Blue salad, that is amazing.

That Gilroy garlic slider definitely sounds like something I could get into!

For your next round the world trip with a tip, may I suggest a stop in Greece. Server a few slices on top of a Greek salad and you have a Greek version of a Black and Blue salad, that is amazing.
Well I like them, but they are really rich and a slaw or salad will help balance that out....and a beer or so.:)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky