Times for two butts?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tac1515

ImpEx - Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
Original poster
Jun 13, 2007
Pennsylvania
I will be smoking two butts (pork, that is) for the first time. I know for one butt it should take between 1 and 1.5 hour per pound. If I am smoking two 8 pound butts, does that mean it is 1 to 1.5 hours for 16 pounds, or would you estimate the time as only one roast?

I agree with gypsy, they should cook in the same time as one. However, this ain't an exact science. There is the possibilty you could plateau for a longer period of time. Make sure you maintain your temps. Remember, if your lookin, you ain't cookin, so keep that door closed as much as possible.

I will do my best not to peek!! I have a weber smoky mountain smoker and don't think I will be able to do them side by side. Would the second grate be too hot or should it be ok? Thanks again.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky