TIME FOR SOME CAJUN !!! with Q view

Discussion in 'Grilling Chicken' started by smoking shawn86, Jan 10, 2012.

1. Sorry for the tease, this was the best chicken I've made yet. I will post pictures tomorrow

1/11/12

well its today and here it is I know it was mean of me to keep you all waiting.About 1:30 pm I started D-boning my chicken thighs some people may have problem with boneless thighs but I love them

[​IMG]

After D-boning my thighs.I started mixing my spices, I got this Cajun spice mix off the Internet than I started spreading my dry rub on the skin side first about 2:00 pm I let the dry rub set for a half hour then I flip them over and dusted the other side.I got my thighs on around 3:30 pm

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

For my side there was no other way to go besides Cajun dirty rice a bit spice but very good

[​IMG]

enjoy

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 11, 2012
  2. mballi3011

mballi3011 Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

[​IMG]

Now Q--View is a most around here.

3. alblancher

alblancher Master of the Pit Group Lead OTBS Member

It's tomorrow,  where's the Qview?

4. smokinal

smokinal Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

[​IMG]

5. chef jimmyj

chef jimmyj Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator Group Lead OTBS Member

Pics and a Recipe!...JJ

6. hope you all will enjoy

7. alblancher

alblancher Master of the Pit Group Lead OTBS Member

MMMMM  BBQ  thanks for the Qview.    I saw a show where Myron Mixon seasons them and puts them in cupcake pans to smoke them.  Says they retain the shape, something the judges consider important.  Looks good

8. ya I also saw that I thought that was odd maybe I will give it a try one day

9. ecto1

ecto1 Master of the Pit Group Lead OTBS Member

Hmmmm i will take two plates of that.

10. coming right up

11. africanmeat

africanmeat Master of the Pit OTBS Member

It is a great looking plate of food .food like that will make me happy any day.

12. Wow, that  is some great looking chicken! Would you mind sharing the spice rub and the dirty rice recipe?

13. scarbelly

scarbelly Smoking Guru OTBS Member

I think I am fairly close (in So Ca ) and can be there soon - hold my plate too 

14. Cajun dry rub 2 1/2 T smoked paprika, 1T kosher salt, 1 1/2 t ground cumin, 1 1/2 t dried thyme, 1 t black pepper , 1/2 t garlic powder, 1/2 t chile powder, 1t cyan pepper. feel free to change or add

15. Thanks for the rub recipe. I will give it a shot this weekend.

16. sunman76

sunman76 Master of the Pit

looks good thanks for shaing the Q [​IMG]

17. coacher72

coacher72 Smoking Fanatic

Looks great !!

Any chance for the dirty rice recipe?

18. Dirty rice 1lb sausage, 3 celery stalks diced, 1/2 green pepper diced, 1 med onion, 4 garlic cloves mined, 3/4 t cayenne, 1t black pepper, 4c cooked rice,

cook sausage in a large skillet until almost browned.leave 1-2 T of drippings add spices and vegetables fishes cooking till sausage is browned and vegetables are wilted add to rice

19. Great Q-view and the recipes. I'll definitely have to give this a try. We love chicken thighs and boneless are the way to go. Thanks again!

20. sprky

sprky Master of the Pit OTBS Member

I think you did something wrong. Vac seal box it up  with dry ice and overnight it to me for quality control testing.[​IMG]

Seriously [​IMG]  very nice job.