Thursday night pork chops

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SmokinLogs

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Dec 5, 2017
Owensboro, Kentucky
F4AFC73E-17B1-44B1-97DD-1D5C74419F58.jpeg 7D2CF758-1AE7-46CC-8912-AC1B7F3A5C8C.jpeg 98216AED-B67E-4EF6-8BCD-E943D317D122.jpeg

Meijers had bone in pork chops on sale for 88cents a pound. I should have gotten more, but I did get 2 packs and cooked one Thursday night. These were nice and thick, about 1 1/4 inch.

I kept it simple. I rinsed, patted them dry, and gave them a nice dusting of my own rub. Something with some sweet up front and decent heat on the back side. I let the rub set in while I heated the smoker up with some kingsford original and pecan wood.

I smoked them for about an hour. I flipped every 15 minutes. Halfway through and at the end I gave them a coat of sauce. For the sauce I mixed some Sweet Baby Rays sweet&spicy with some original Franks reshot and some Parkay squeeze butter.

These were definitely the best chops I’ve ever cooked; so thick and juicy. They had great Smokey flavor with a good hot BBQ finish that left a little tingle on your lips. I hope your eyes enjoy as much as my mouth did!

Lookin good!

Those young gentlemen in your Icon, don't eat pork chops do they?

The two oldest ones do as long as they can dip it in ketchup lol however that little guy is comparable to a wood chipper. He loves meat and will eat his brothers leftovers. That must be why he is such a bruiser. At 5 months old he became a toddler and was crawling and playing with his brothers. He plays hard and has to replenish with some hearty BBQ!

Chops look really good to me. Nice Job.

Point for sure.

Chris.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky