Thunder Road Sauce

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dacfan

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Feb 4, 2009
Eastern Ky
Does anyone know of a copy cat recipet for Thunder Road Sauce It is wing sauce they have at Calhoun's and the Smokey Mountain Brewery in Gatlinburg, TN.

I've had thunder road shrimp at the brewery before. Pretty tasty. I looked for copy cat recipes but couldn't find one. I'm pretty sure the brewery sells it already bottled though

Don’t know if they sell the sauce. We’ve been there once and the sauce is good but wings were sub par. We frequent Calhoun’s in Gatlinburg and the original on Kingston Pike in Knox. We park at Calhoun’s in Gat and get their PP beer cheese nachos and get four hours of parking free with paid receipt.

Stopped by Calhoun’s on Kingston Pike for a lunch of their brisket black bean chili nachos with beer cheese drizzle, tomato and jalapeño. They were great but Bunny agreed that the PP nachos with baked beans and beer cheese drizzle is better. Was able to procure a bottle of their coveted Thunder Road wing sauce. So here ‘tis.
4C4C58EC-42B3-4570-946A-2645C32EDCB9.jpeg
EF11CE07-FEDC-463B-82BF-7AE90DF375E9.jpeg

When I emailed them they told me they didn't produce the sauce for online sale. By the looks of that bottle maybe they will be. Either way im loading up when we go to Gatlinburg in a few weeks. anyhow thanks for the pic.

Stopped by Calhoun’s on Kingston Pike for a lunch of their brisket black bean chili nachos with beer cheese drizzle, tomato and jalapeño. They were great but Bunny agreed that the PP nachos with baked beans and beer cheese drizzle is better. Was able to procure a bottle of their coveted Thunder Road wing sauce. So here ‘tis.View attachment 461432View attachment 461433
How kind of price did they have on it?

SVF is right. Their bbq sauce is pretty goll darn good. The wing sauce was $4.00 . Our waitress brought the bottle out cold and she couldn’t get the label to stick being cold and wet. It’s either bottled to order from a refrigerated larger container or just stored cold. I have some tenders breaded up in House Autry chillin in the fridge to fry and toss in the TRWS.

Reactions: SmokinVOLfan
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky