Three more complete: White Stilton w/Cherries, Manchego, Cheddar

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

LoydB

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
May 31, 2022
I had three wrap up this week. Two months each for the Manchego & Stilton, six months for the cheddar. The cheddar is absolutely the star, I can't wait to try it again after a year of aging. The cherries were *way* messier than the apricots I used last time - I won't be doing it again. The manchego is going to be good as a grated/melting cheese, but is a little assertive for straight.

1685126697527.png

1685126720817.png

1685126731629.png

1685126745522.png

Man Lloyd I always enjoy your cheese threads. Just blows me away you make those. I may have to add this to the retirement project list.

I make my own dough, sausage, Canadian bacon, pepperoni, and sauce for pizza, guess I am going to have to start making cheese after seeing those terrific pictures.

Reactions: LoydB
Wow! That’s impressive. You have some good skills. It all looks and
View attachment 666358

Thank you, but I'm trying to get you banned for the image... :)

Man Lloyd I always enjoy your cheese threads. Just blows me away you make those. I may have to add this to the retirement project list.

It's way easier than charcuterie in terms of variables you have to control.

I make my own dough, sausage, Canadian bacon, pepperoni, and sauce for pizza, guess I am going to have to start making cheese after seeing those terrific pictures.

Yes! I love the feeling of a meal where everything was made from scratch by me. Bonus points if it's mostly from my garden.

That is awesome and something I really want to get into if I can just find the time and learn how to do it.

Looks great! I'd love to make cheese on a much smaller scale and be happy... so far only mozzarella, but maybe some day!

Ryan

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky