Three Meals From One

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bearcarver

Gone but not forgotten RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Sep 12, 2009
Macungie, PA
Three Meals From One

Now that We’re getting older & eating a lot less, I can eat a lot cheaper than I used to.
I see it when Mrs Bear & I split one Ribeye Steak into 2 meals for me & 1 meal for her, instead of what used to be a Steak for each of us. Same thing with other meals like Chicken Thighs, where I only eat 1, instead of 3 for one meal. Mrs Bear didn’t change on that one, as she went from 1 Thigh to 1 Thigh.
Here I will show how I save money on my Take-Out foods.
We got this before the Outbreak, because We won’t be eating out or getting Take-out until this Virus is cleaned up.
However this Cheesesteak & Fries from Vito’s in Zionsville, PA cost me about $10.
I used to eat all the Fries & most of the Cheesesteak, if not all of it in one meal.
Now this time, on the first night I ate all of the Fries, except for a few Mrs Bear ate, and that night I only ate a very small piece of the Cheesesteak.
Then the Second Night I ate one of the Main Halves of the Cheesesteak, and the third night, I consumed the rest of the Cheesesteak.
So this one meal would have cost me $10 years ago.
Whereas nowadays I get 3 meals for that same $10.——About $3.33 per meal.
Vito’s makes an Awesome Cheesesteak Too !!!

Thanks for Looking,

Bear

Large Cheesesteak & Fries:

IMG_4883 2.jpg

That's a pretty big cheese steak . Looks good too . Would love to have a " real " cheese steak some day .
I can see a meal , and a later snack from that .

I'd Like two Cheese Steaks and two Fries to go Please

Mmmmm tasty Looking

Gary

Looks good Bear! How much of that I ate for dinner would depend on what I had for breakfast. RAY

That's a pretty big cheese steak . Looks good too . Would love to have a " real " cheese steak some day .
I can see a meal , and a later snack from that .

Thank You Rich!!
Like I was telling Gary, we're lacking around here for Good BBQ & Smoked Meat places around here, & very few decent Fish places, but we're on top when it comes to Cheesesteak Joints. The one I showed is my favorite in this area, but you can find Awesome Cheesesteaks at Dozens of places in a 30 Mile radius, North of Philly.

Bear

looks tasty bear, yeah I don't eat as much as I did 30 years ago, but I think I can do a number on that steak and cheese. so it would probably cost me 30 bucks to get 3 meals.

My food consumption is slowing down also but I'd still devour that sandwich...and all the fries!! That looks really good Bear. Do you think Vito's would deliver to Texas?

Prolly not,
Robert

Yup same way here Bear younger days I could of done away with that cheese steak now maybe still could do half. I guess that makes our retirement go farther too.

Warren

looks tasty bear, yeah I don't eat as much as I did 30 years ago, but I think I can do a number on that steak and cheese. so it would probably cost me 30 bucks to get 3 meals.

LOL--Thanks Jim!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

My food consumption is slowing down also but I'd still devour that sandwich...and all the fries!! That looks really good Bear. Do you think Vito's would deliver to Texas?

Prolly not,
Robert

Right now I don't think they're doing much at all.
The other day "WaWa" closed (the place I get Berks Quarter Pound Dogs).
They had an employee test positive for Coronavirus, and shut the place down.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Yup same way here Bear younger days I could of done away with that cheese steak now maybe still could do half. I guess that makes our retirement go farther too.

Warren

Thank You Warren!!
Makes our retirement $$$ go farther!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky