Three - 8 - Three, Smoked Potato Balls " Cuban Papas Rellenas "

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Very clever as usual, it's what we expect from you now. I love the idea of eating them with your hands, wifes away beef in other hand and don't even have to lean over the sink.

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Oh my God David....you and your taters. That is one exceptional meal right there sir. Creative, original (from my standpoint) beautifully presented, and one stunning plate. You sir are a master at your trade and when I grow up, I wanna be just like you....because like you, I love my taters :emoji_laughing:

Robert

Wow David… nice thread man! That is one phenomenal looking meal… I definitely need to try this! Thanks for posting and Congrats again on the OTBS… well deserved!

Very nice David and we like green olives. I bet it would be great with them in there, too...

Thanks Charles for the like and the comment

The Picadillo can be made lots of ways when I started reading, and green olives are in most
.. just not mine, never really cared for them. Used a lot of black olives working for the Greek folks , in my early years

David

Never hear of these David. They look and sound amazing. Big like!

Thanks Steve for the like and the comment

The names were new to me also, as it is made in lots of Latin American countries, but the Cuban one stood out for me.
And I am glad I tried it. The Potatoes I have done before with different things, but the Picadillo was great , I followed the recipe pretty close ( except the olives ) but I can see me adding some heat to it . As from what I have read most Cuban food is spicy flavourful just not hot spicy really.

But I can see this changing for me, lol

David

Oh my God David....you and your taters. That is one exceptional meal right there sir. Creative, original (from my standpoint) beautifully presented, and one stunning plate. You sir are a master at your trade and when I grow up, I wanna be just like you....because like you, I love my taters :emoji_laughing:

Robert

Thanks Robert for the comment

Nice of you to say Robert, I know .. I do love taters lol

It was fun to do, not my idea though, very popular at Cuban restaurants and take outs .
I am hoping to try some when we go away in a couple weeks

You sir are a master at your trade
nice of you to say , but far from a master , just a good old boy in training, and eating my way through it all, 🤠:emoji_sunglasses:

David

Very clever as usual, it's what we expect from you now. I love the idea of eating them with your hands, wifes away beef in other hand and don't even have to lean over the sink.

Thanks Ray for the like and the comment

I try to do the out of norm stuff once in a while, and hand food is the best. lol :emoji_yum:

And funny how we eat when we are alone. I don't need no stinking plate and yes that is sauce on my chin from yesterday:emoji_laughing::emoji_laughing: ha , I kill me

David

• Haha
Reactions: Brokenhandle
Dude......Thats a great looking plate! And yep I could eat a bag of them!

Jim

Thanks Jim for the like and the comment

I did make a couple extra just incase they broke apart or what ever. They did not and I was going to freeze them.
Caught myself today when I got home grabbed a couple and walked out to the shop eating them just in my hand :emoji_yum::emoji_yum:🤠

David

Reactions: JLeonard
Some good work and a lot of it, looks tasty! RAY

Thanks Ray for the like and the comment

Yes these were a little involved but when all said and done, very good. I can see me stepping up the flavour more for me
But the Picadillo was very nice , I just want to add a little more heat

David

Wow David… nice thread man! That is one phenomenal looking meal… I definitely need to try this! Thanks for posting and Congrats again on the OTBS… well deserved!

Thanks Justin for the like and the comment

Nice of you to say, it was a great meal and will happen again, I love doing the potatoes this was, Deep fried would be better, but not bad the way I do them with a little cooking oil sprayed onto the out side , Make's them get crispy in the smoker on about 350 deg.

And thank you again about the OTBS

David

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky