Thoughts? Rotisserie Build, Henny Penny Parts

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Theo-brew-ma

Original poster
Dec 23, 2017
Hi all,

I've got the central drive tube and side discs from a Henny Penny chicken rotisserie, but no baskets or spits (if that makes sense). Which is kind of a score. But, at the same time, there are potential drawbacks to using that drive tube, namely that it seems way too short for most pigs and other game.
henny penny drive tube.jpg
henny penny disc.jpg

Any thoughts on potential designs and mods? Would love to integrate wood and make an attractive aesthetic. Suggestions on motors, stepdowns, controllers, etc.? Early stages, but open. I could even just, you know, sell them for profit and buy something more relevant. Also, I have an old caja china box and may want to look to integrate this with that at some point.

Look forward to your thoughts and wisdom!

Reactions: the1pearson
Or. I could assemble it vertically within one of my two holding cabinet smokers I'm looking to build out...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky