thoughts on thermometers/npt's

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Muskoka Smoker

Original poster
Oct 16, 2023
I just received my new smoker. I need to order a bunch of gauges for it. It has a bunch of locations for 1/2 thread nuts/thermometers.
What should I be looking for, size, brand, backlit, probe length, etc.?

-Greg

Reactions: JLeonard
When choosing gauges for your smoker, consider the size, thread compatibility, accuracy, brand reputation, backlighting or illumination, probe length, durability, and any additional features you may need. Consult your smoker's manual or manufacturer for specific recommendations.

What kind of smoker did you get? Folks are fond of these:

You may want one or two for reference but a wired therm that connects with phone or other monitor may be more convenient. You could have a probe or two in the meat. and one to monitor smoker temp.
https://buythermopro.com/ A 4 probe therm has come in handy many times.

Depending on what type of smoker. You may want to consider these.

Weber thermometer gasket This will allow you to pass your thermometer into the smoker without crimping the wires.
1701184834857.png

And a tell tru is fairly popular also for monitoring you chamber temps.

1701184936395.png

Chris

I just received my new smoker. I need to order a bunch of gauges for it. It has a bunch of locations for 1/2 thread nuts/thermometers.
What should I be looking for, size, brand, backlit, probe length, etc.?

-Greg
I use built-in for rough guess temps. I love my inkbird IBBQ-4T I've heard complaints about the inkbird app but its fine for me. Usually run 3 probes. 2 for meat and one for grid level temps
I can check temps anywhere i have internet on my phone. with a Bluetooth deal, you are limited to about 30 feet-ish

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky