Thoroughly disappointed with my wsm and mav et 733

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

resstealth

Smoke Blower
Original poster
May 19, 2014
Berea, KY
Maverick came in the Mail Friday, can't get it to read my temps at all, and the instructions are useless. My wsm, the water bowl doesn't sit flush on the arms, already ruined one fire cause it fell, and the top grate doesn't sit even at all. Gonna try to wing it with the lid gauge and hope for the best.

Did you turn your Maverick units on in the right order? 

when you say you can't get it to read your temps, what do you mean?  Is it giving you temps, is the screen blank, etc.  Details and I am sure help is here

It's flashing between BBQ and beef, the temp lines are blank, and it's showing 200 min temp 250 max. The instructions are totally useless. On too of that I'm pretty sure I got a wsm with some poorly drilled holes or bad arms or something

I don't have that model but try this....

Turn them both off

Make sure probes are plugged in all the way

First turn on the receiver 

Then the transmitter

biggrin.gif
 Then my next recommendation is, to firmly throw it against the wall!

That is strange..... you sure you're pushing the ON/OFF button and not the °C/F° button?

i just used my 73 for the first time this weekend and found that i had to resync the transmitter to the receiver. after i did that it worked awesome. you might want to try to pull the batteries out and set it up again. 

I'm gonna play with it tomorrow. The good need is my first smoke is smelling fantastic. I'm doing Jeff's recipe for bacon wrapped chicken thighs and am doing some smoked burgers using mesquite wood. Will post pics when it's done

let me know stealth cause mine was showing lines after i shut it off and turned it back on thats why i pulled the batteries and set it up again and your right the instructions really suck.

Take a look at this review it may help with the setup.

Good luck!

I have purchased several WSM's for home and work and had some problems. I called Weber's customer service.and was promptly shipped replacement parts that fixed the issues. It would be nice if their quality control was better, but at least they fix any problems that may arise. A call to customer service might be in order

Like I said I'm gonna try to line it out tomorrow. I appreciate all of you guys, if be in the dark without the contributors on this site.

That's all I'm getting from the maverick. The receiver switches from beef to BBQ on its own, and it looks like it won't even sync up. The only way I can even turn the transmitter off it to pull the batteries. Help!

That's all I'm getting from the maverick. The receiver switches from beef to BBQ on its own, and it looks like it won't even sync up. The only way I can even turn the transmitter off it to pull the batteries. Help!

Looks like you've received some great advise.... When ya pull the battery and put it back in what exactly happens.... I don't have your exact unit, have the ET-732 !

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky