ALL NIGHT SRF WAGYU BRISKET

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
amazing.gif
worthy.gif
worthy.gif
worthy.gif
worthy.gif

Reactions: SmokinAl
As many of you already know I was the lucky recipient of a free SRF Wagyu brisket. It was from a member on here who wishes to remain anonymous. Originally I was planning on smoking it for Easter, but the weather yesterday & today are perfect for outdoor grilling. So we did an all night smoke in the WSM. OK now for the photo’s!

Here is how it came.

View attachment 628679

After trimming & dusting with S&P. I used the meaty part of the trim for burgers.

View attachment 628707

Then wrapped in Saran Wrap, and into the fridge for 24 hours.

View attachment 628678

Next we took the trimmed fat & ground it & rendered it down to make some Wagyu tallow.

View attachment 628680
View attachment 628681
View attachment 628682

This stuff is like gold!

View attachment 628683

OK it’s about 5:00PM on Friday afternoon. I have a pan with a grate in it, and the grate is sitting on 2 onion halves, so the brisket is up off the bottom & can get good smoke from underneath too.

View attachment 628685

I poured a can of French onion soup in the pan to give it a little extra moisture & I’m smoking it fat side up to protect the top. Since the upper part of a WSM is where all the heat is located.

View attachment 628686

Into the WSM, on the bottom grate, with a full water pan, and the old trusty Guru keeping the temp steady all night.
I put 3 probes in the brisket, 2 in the flat, and 1 in the point. The smoker is running at 225.

View attachment 628689

Here it is about 14 hours later.

View attachment 628690

The bark is right where I want it, the fat is rendering nicely, so now for the butcher paper. Of course you know I‘m gonna use a bit of that Wagyu tallow on the paper too.

View attachment 628691
View attachment 628692

And into a 250 degree oven until it probes like butta!!

View attachment 628693

It only took about 3 hours in the oven to finish up. I let it sit on the counter until the temp dropped down to 180, then wrapped it up in fresh paper & back into a 170 degree oven until lunch time (about 4 hours).

View attachment 628695

As you can see it came down to about 160+ & just stayed there.

View attachment 628697

After the rest, it’s time to see the finish!!

View attachment 628698
View attachment 628699View attachment 628700

WOW!! Look at that freakin’ smoke ring!

View attachment 628701

Unbelievable!!

View attachment 628702
View attachment 628704
View attachment 628703
View attachment 628705

I did not get any plated shots, cause we just stood at the board & pigged out. We even made a couple of sliders and ate them standing up. Well that is one thing I can take off my bucket list. I finally got my own Wagyu brisket. Thanks for stopping by folks, and thank-you to the kind gentleman who gave me this brisket. :emoji_sunglasses:
Al

Looks like a thing of beauty there!

Bit late to the party Al. Looks like you nailed it! Interested in hearing your thoughts on flavor vs others that you've done the same way.

Matt

Thanks Matt!
The flavor was very beefy & the meat was tender & very juicy. I think the main difference between Wagyu & say a Prime cut is the mouth feel, with the Wagyu there is more of a buttery feel in your mouth, and I think the Wagyu is more forgiving, because of the higher fat content. However I have to add that this is the first time I have used tallow when wrapping, and that may have added to the mouth feel.
Al

Looks totally awesome Al! Can't add anything more than has been said already. Excellent work, you're a very lucky Guy.

Thank you & I agree I’m a very lucky guy!
Al

Al, that is the best looking brisket I've ever seen!! And that smoke ring is outta this world. If we weren't at opposite ends of the continent, I would have been knocking on your door for a bite.
Gary

Thanks Gary!
As I said earlier, I wish all of you could have a slice!
Al
WOW!! Al, that is absolutely incredible. Never seen anything like that before. I've been planning to get one of those briskets to do for Memorial Day but this seals the deal. Nothing short of amazing sir!!

Robert

Thanks Robert!
I hope yours turns out awesome too!!
Al
That bark looked freaking fantastic.

Thank you!
And it tasted fantastic too!
Al
God lord Al! You nailed this one. It looks delicious!

Thanks Steve!
Much appreciated!
Al
dammitt Al..., that was super duper...++++++Lord have mercy !

HT

Thanks HT!
It was mighty tasty!!
Al

As many of you already know I was the lucky recipient of a free SRF Wagyu brisket. It was from a member on here who wishes to remain anonymous. Originally I was planning on smoking it for Easter, but the weather yesterday & today are perfect for outdoor grilling. So we did an all night smoke in the WSM. OK now for the photo’s!

Here is how it came.

View attachment 628679

After trimming & dusting with S&P. I used the meaty part of the trim for burgers.

View attachment 628707

View attachment 628678

Next we took the trimmed fat & ground it & rendered it down to make some Wagyu tallow.

View attachment 628680
View attachment 628681
View attachment 628682

This stuff is like gold!

View attachment 628683

OK it’s about 5:00PM on Friday afternoon. I have a pan with a grate in it, and the grate is sitting on 2 onion halves, so the brisket is up off the bottom & can get good smoke from underneath too.

View attachment 628685

I poured a can of French onion soup in the pan to give it a little extra moisture & I’m smoking it fat side up to protect the top. Since the upper part of a WSM is where all the heat is located.

View attachment 628686

Into the WSM, on the bottom grate, with a full water pan, and the old trusty Guru keeping the temp steady all night.
I put 3 probes in the brisket, 2 in the flat, and 1 in the point. The smoker is running at 225.

View attachment 628689

View attachment 628690

The bark is right where I want it, the fat is rendering nicely, so now for the butcher paper. Of course you know I‘m gonna use a bit of that Wagyu tallow on the paper too.

View attachment 628691
View attachment 628692

View attachment 628693

It only took about 3 hours in the oven to finish up. I let it sit on the counter until the temp dropped down to 180, then wrapped it up in fresh paper & back into a 170 degree oven until lunch time (about 4 hours).

View attachment 628695

View attachment 628697

View attachment 628698

View attachment 628701

Unbelievable!!

View attachment 628702
View attachment 628704
View attachment 628703
View attachment 628705

I did not get any plated shots, cause we just stood at the board & pigged out. We even made a couple of sliders and ate them standing up. Well that is one thing I can take off my bucket list. I finally got my own Wagyu brisket. Thanks for stopping by folks, and thank-you to the kind gentleman who gave me this brisket. :emoji_sunglasses:
Al
Wow!! Look incredible you did an excellent job!!!

Here is how it came.

View attachment 628679

View attachment 628707

View attachment 628678

View attachment 628680
View attachment 628681
View attachment 628682

This stuff is like gold!

View attachment 628683

View attachment 628685

View attachment 628686

View attachment 628689

View attachment 628690

View attachment 628691
View attachment 628692

View attachment 628693

View attachment 628695

View attachment 628697

View attachment 628698

View attachment 628701

Unbelievable!!

View attachment 628702
View attachment 628704
View attachment 628703
View attachment 628705

Al
Dayum. I'd probably have to take a second mortgage to buy tht chunk. but mouth watering vicariously. Excuse the dumb question, is that a whole packer and not seperated?

Dayum. I'd probably have to take a second mortgage to buy tht chunk. but mouth watering vicariously. Excuse the dumb question, is that a whole packer and not seperated?

Thank you very much!
Yes it was a full packer & worth every penny. It is something that everyone should have the opportunity to cook & taste!
Al

Yeah, I know---I'm late again!
Looks Great though!!
Like.

Bear

Thanks John!
It was pretty darn good, and probably the only time that I will get to smoke one!
Maybe if I get to my 60th wedding anniversary, I will buy another one. :emoji_sunglasses:
Al

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky